Redrobbo & nobikejohn - our civil partnership

Hi Redrobbo and nobikejohn, congratulations and have a wonderful time in New York.

Red, let me know when you get back, it'd be great to have a catch-up.

(aka Hels)

We arrived back from New York yesterday afternoon, tired, exhausted, jet-lagged and I suspect, flat broke! :rolleyes:

We've had one whale of a time in New York. Seen all the major tourist sites and treated ourselves on our last night there to a night at the opera. The New York Metropolitan Opera House is one real posh place - I've never been in the company of so many mink coats in my life before! :hihi:

We have only now just got around to opening our many cards and presents. Our thanks to Plain Talker for popping in to see us on our special day and for her lovely card.

Glad to see that Neon Shoes and CosyWolf both enjoyed themselves - and it seems from what you've both said that the speeches (and our love poems) were major hits. I know that SupraSteve is funny, but he surpassed himself with his after dinner speech - and we're both still chuckling over it! Selected extracts: "A successful speech has three parts. You stand up, say a few words and then sit down. Well: that's it! Thank you ladies and gentleman (SupraSteve promptly sits down!)" and "Some of you here today have known my Dad a long time. I feel I've known him all my life....!"

We raised over £100 for Comic Relief day - and our thanks to all our guests who wore red noses for the official photographs.

We meet the Registrar today to collect our official document which 'civilised' us as a couple. Then it's down to more mundane matters, like unpacking, washing and ironing. If truth be told though, we're still on cloud nine.

Our friends tell us that they witnessed one of the most romantic occasions of their lives. I can assure you, that we had the most memorable and happy day of our lives.

redrobbo & nobikejohn

So pleased everything went well, redrobbo. Congratulations to you both! :)

I didn't know about this.

Belated congratulations.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Only just seen this post. Glad you had a good day and good trip to NY! Here´s to many more great times to come.

Edited by missrabbit

It's the eve of our second anniversary, yet it seems it was only like yesterday that we had our civil partnership. We have such happy memories of that special day, still fresh in our minds.

Two years on and our love for each other just grows all the more. Although we've had to cancel our holiday in a remote cottage in Snowdonia, due to a serious family illness, we're going to spend a night in a luxury hotel in Derbyshire instead and enjoy an anniversary meal at a top notch Chinese restaurant to celebrate.

I'm playing the music from our special day right now - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell 'You're All I Need To Get By'. And in those darkest of times, so soon after we got back from New York, when first my Dad became ill and died, and then my Mum died so soon afterwards, nobikejohn was there for me and helped me get by. The dark clouds are now gathering again, but I will be there to help nobikejohn get by.

Our thanks to Plain Talker for sending us her best wishes on our anniversary.

It does seem like yesterday red!

Congrats. :)

Sorry to hear of family illness. :(

Best of health to you both and the family member :)

Congratulations Redrobbo & Nobikejohn on your second wedding anniversary :)

Sorry to hear about your family loss. X

Goodness gracious, where did that two years go ? Have a good time.:partyhat: