Redrobbo & nobikejohn - our civil partnership

Congratulations, and all the very best for a happy, healthy life together:)

Congratulations and best wishes to you both for the future

Hey redrobbo perhaps you could borrow The Dress and The Boots from Strix? :)

Hmm.... could be tempted!

:shocked::hihi:

Can you imagine?

Dear, dear, dear :shakes:

would they be fighting over the boots? :suspect:

Hmmm.... on second thoughts - we can't risk fighting on our big day. So there's no competiton for the boots after all Strix! :)

Congratulations! Have a good ceremony / honeymoon / holiday / happily ever after :)

Congratulations! Have an absolutely WONDERFUL day and enjoy your holidays.

Oooh, a do love a good commitment ceremony. Be it wedding / civil partnership or whatever

*gets hat* :D

We do indeed intend to have an absolutely fab day!

We've accepted the kind offer of being conveyed to the Town Hall in a silver-blue Rolls Royce decked, appropriately, in pink ribbons. We've devised our own ceremony, which includes (wait for it......) Handel's The Arrival of The Queen of Sheba! We've also chosen Canon in D by Pachebel and Clair de Lune by Debussy. And to conclude the ceremony we've chosen Marvin Gaye (!) and Tammi Terrell singing 'You're All I Need To Get By'. We're also reading a poem each and instead of exchanging rings, we're exchanging gifts - though we we do not know what each is giving the other until we open them during the ceremony.

We're hosting a wine and cheese reception for over 120 guests at the Town Hall followed by a champagne and canape reception and a five course meal for 60 guests at Sparks Restaurant, Castle College, with more champange for the speeches and toast.

We're only doing this the once - so we're making sure we have a spelndid day with our family and friends. Afterwards, we're having informal drinks back at one of the city centre hotels that our some of friends are staying in. We've family and friends coming from Worcestershire, the East Yorkshire coast, South Derbyshire, Manchester, Norfolk, Beverley, Bakewell, Brighton and London to join us on our big day - and this will give us a bit more of an opportunity to chat with them.

Then we are off to New York for nine days. Following my recent burglary, friends from down south are staying over to house sit for me whilst we're away.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their good wishes for us on this thread.

We will indeed have a fabulous day tomorrow!

red

Thats so exciting I think I might explode!

Have a great day!!!! xxx

Have a simply lovely day, it sounds as though it's going to be fabulous! Hope the sun shines upon you both all day and in the future! xxx

Well done on the timing of the announcement btw, just soon enough to get good wishes and just too late for your SF friends to organise a Guard of Honour to line the route! ;)

Loving your choice of entrance music, by coincidence, I arrived to that too, way back in 1970 ... :hihi:

Edited by rubydazzler
major typo just noticed ... I think I can touch-type ... I can't!

All my best wishes to you both, Red - have a wonderful day, brilliant trip the New York and a happy and healthy rest of your lives together.x

Awwwwwww congratulations to you both !!

Tho it would have been nice to have a invite ;)

Hope to see you both again soon.....it's been FAR too long !!!

:o

Congratulations to you both Red, i hope the sun shines on your big day.