used to play ruby and want to get back in to it any one no any teams or any thin in mosbough or hackenthorp

i used to love playing rugby and would like to get back into it but unfortunately i suffer with gout and would only make it worse!

There is a rugby club just off station Road in Mosborough. I am wanting to get back in to Rugby as well, have been out for about 4 years now and regret leaving my last club!

Try Sheffield Oaks, I go down there, lots happening at the moment, had a poor season but looking to run a second and a first team next season. We have players from all over the world, and looking for ALL standards. They train Wednesdays at Hillsborough Park.

Let me know if you are interested I will give you the captains details.

Best regards,

we have a touch rugby team on the forum its mixed and were always looking for more women to take part we are entering a league in april if you require more info pm me or go on facebook and look up sheffield touch rugby

Try Sheffield Oaks, I go down there, lots happening at the moment, had a poor season but looking to run a second and a first team next season. We have players from all over the world, and looking for ALL standards. They train Wednesdays at Hillsborough Park.

Let me know if you are interested I will give you the captains details.

Best regards,

So there could be a space for a somewhat out of practice Scrum Half, not played for 4 years but at some point played to a fairly high standard, not sure how mind you! :hihi:

When do you start the pre season training? Need to do a bit of work to get in some kind of shape before I can subject my body to the rigors of Rugby!!

Mosborough RUFC. Always looking for players.

So there could be a space for a somewhat out of practice Scrum Half, not played for 4 years but at some point played to a fairly high standard, not sure how mind you! :hihi:

When do you start the pre season training? Need to do a bit of work to get in some kind of shape before I can subject my body to the rigors of Rugby!!

I hated pre-season. All that 'ten yards, ten press ups' business just meant 'flies in my mouth'. Mosborough have enough for a third team, so get down there.

To back up what Marksteeler said, come down to Touch Rugby!

It's a great way to get back into things and we have a mix of people from both league and union background as well as those who had never played before. It is mixed so ladies are just as welcome as men.

We started out from a post on here about a year ago and are getting now to the point where we are entering tournaments and leagues. For anyone interested we play on a Saturday Morning 10 - 12 and do fitness & skills on Monday 7 - 8.

Both take place at All Saints School Field nr Granville Road tram stop.

Also ther's no need to phone ahead, just turn up and play!

Mosborough RUFC. Always looking for players

When do they train?

Hi sorry about the slow response, we would welcome players of all ages, experiance and abillity, we have had several players this year who are new to rugby and also a many who left the sport for many years and are wanting to give it a try. We train Wednesdays at Hillsborough park at 7:30 near the tennis courts. Our season has finished now but we have friendly matches most weekends which would be ideal as subs are unlimited.

We really would welcome EVERYONE down, even if your not wanting to play but would like the exercise come down.

Thanks for reading. :thumbsup:

Just to let everyone who may be interested know Sheffield Oaks will be running a Rugby Training session tonight in Hillsborough Park, just next to the tennis courts everyone welcome to come down from experianced players to people who have never played before. Training starts at 7:30.

Thanks for your time,

Sounds tempting! Im not in the area this week but I may venture down next week.....will definately consider!