Why do some people drop litter?

I can never get over how utterly filthy some people can be, throwing there rubbish around everywhere. Why would you want to live amongst your own mess, or someone elses? I used to keep fancy rats, and however you set up their cages they would never, ever soil near the eating or sleeping areas, any discarded food was kept away from the eating and sleeping areas. So are rats actually cleaner than some people?

There is a bus stop near my house, with a bin, yet the amount of people who just wang their litter on the floor when the bus arrives, sometimes I have seen them do it when they are actually leaning on the bin! I used to say something when I saw people do it, but I am too afraid to challenge people nowadays.

If you see a piece of litter try picking it up yourself rather than just getting angry about it. People are less likely to drop litter when in a litter-free environment and, conversely, it's amazing how fast piles of rubbish can grow when people who would normally put their litter in a bin add to the pile because "someone's going to have to clear up that pile anyway". I know there is a "why should 'I' have to do it" mentality but I believe that your actions clean up the streets indirectly by more than the amount you physically pick up yourself.

Dare I suggest that if parents do not teach their children not to drop litter, then that explains it?

I followed a big new 4x4 yesterday, out of the driver's window came a load of litter!!!!:loopy:

I followed a big new 4x4 yesterday, out of the driver's window came a load of litter!!!!:loopy:

I hope you took his registration number and phoned 101. Lobbing stuff out of the window of a moving vehicle is not only inconsiderate - its also dangerous.

its not good to drop rubish ceep sheff clean

why do some people drop litter can they not use the bins provided .

When i catch the train to chesterfield from dronfield the shelter is usually strewn with chip papers and chips all over the floor yet there are bins on the platform and there is even one fastened to the side of the shelter.

Are these people too idle to get off there backsides and put the litter in the nearest bin.

Also help keep people in employment:hihi:

They are all filthy, scrubbers who don't care about the environment they live in. Instead of police issuing Fixed Penalties they should get them on the street picking up litter, cleaning graffitti off and picking up dog muck.

They are all filthy, scrubbers who don't care about the environment they live in. Instead of police issuing Fixed Penalties they should get them on the street picking up litter, cleaning graffitti off and picking up dog muck.
............... with their teeth!

totally agree with this statement if you have been found dropping litter you should be made to go round picking it up wearing a florescent yellow jacket

why do some people drop litter can they not use the bins provided .

When i catch the train to chesterfield from dronfield the shelter is usually strewn with chip papers and chips all over the floor yet there are bins on the platform and there is even one fastened to the side of the shelter.

Are these people too idle to get off there backsides and put the litter in the nearest bin.

Because they are too weak to hold it, till they get to a bin?!

They are just idle disgusting people. Throwing litter out of a window is just the worst, it makes me have total rage. The most common thing i see thrown out of windows is maccy d packaging, i wouldnt dare, my car is full of crap and rubbish but i put it in my own bin at home. Im sure i will have accidently dropped a tissue or two and not noticed but i woudlnt dare drop litter on purpose incase someone saw, how embarrasing, same of dog poo, plus i dont want to walk in poo or rubbish so i wouldnt expect anyone else to.

Dirty beggars! They should be named and shamed like people are when they get caught not having paid for their train/metro ticket.