What's happened to the CSA?

I was told yesterday that the CSA did not exsist anymore by someone from the Job centre & she advised me to get in touch with a solicitor.......So I have just rung Howells & they said they do not get involved with child mainteance....does anyone have any advice.........my ex has not paid anything for our son in nearly 6 years

Does anyone know where to go for help?

the csa website seems to be online as usual

http://www.csa.gov.uk/

I hope this helps and you get sorted what you need :]

im sure somewhere on there you should find what you need or even a contact?

good luck :]

.. citizens advice bureau - The CSA has a website active still http://www.csa.gov.uk/en/case/index.asp so they probably still exist. Just probably not actively pursing fathers like they were once hitting the headlines for. Perhaps you could call the contact numbers on the link.

The CSA has changed name- its CMEC now - Child maintenance enforcement commission...I think its not in the DWP any longer - is it a separate dept now? Or part of the revenue?

I think they are supposed to be stepping back from the simple cases and just dealing witht he difficult stuff. I suspect its going to be a pile of poop, just different poop from before.

Edited by Tomataheeed
brain fade

CSA is a waste of time i not had anything for my daughter she ie 12

The CSA do exist. The CMEC also exist, they aren't the same, CMEC will be taking over from the CSA slowly over the coming months and years.

Whoever gave you that advice at the jobcentre was mistaken, your first point of call should be 08457 133 133

However, expect to become frustrated if your ex-partner is not willing to play ball.

I'm on both sides, paying for my son through the CSA, and also my girlfriend has never seen a penny from her ex in 6 years for her daughter. Pick a problem with them, i've probably encountered it, and i'm not one of the bad guys who doesn't pay for his responsibilities!!

Edited by salmonbones
make it a bit more readable!!!

CSA is a waste of time i not had anything for my daughter she ie 12

You sound like you feel the CSA owe you something, it's the other parent you should be focusing your resentment towards, the CSA weren't involved in the conceiving of your child.

The CSA still exist, so apply to them. I would recommend chasing them with a phone call every few weeks otherwise they 'forget' about you. Get the name of your caseworker and their number if poss and call them regularly. If you still don't get a result then write to your MP. That's what I had to do, three times, before the CSA got their arse into gear and started pushing my case. I still haven't had any money though, lol! But my ex should pay for his son so I'll never stop chasing them until my son gets his money - the vast amount of £10 per week he'll receive *wow*!

The CSA is part of the DWP, at least that's where the atachment of earnings orders come from. (OH works in payroll!)

You sound like you feel the CSA owe you something, it's the other parent you should be focusing your resentment towards, the CSA weren't involved in the conceiving of your child.

mkaybe to op has gone through the csa already and they have been taking payments off him but that money does not get through to the partner who is meant to get it. i was paying money to them for over 14 months and my ex partner did not recieve a penny of the money i was paying so we canncelled them and went into a private agreement

The CSA when it works it's good. However my daughters worker left and her file was found 2months later in the back of drawer!

If your ex is a jobhopper then don't hold your breath, as the CSA have two speeds stop and reverse!!!