I'm so nervous: My daughter has started Stocksbridge High

Laughalot, I didn't attend Stocksbridge High but I think each school is what the individual makes of it. I'm sure once she has been there a few weeks she will love the place - after all, you said she made friends on the first day right? If it's not the school for her, it's really not the end of the world, but i'm sure she will settle in fine.

Like I said, it is what you make of it so don't listen to the pillocks on here who think this thread is about them just because they had a bad experience at school - just because they did, doesn't mean your daughter will too.

Let us know how she gets on! x

At the end of the day the original post never mentioned anything about bullying,and has not mentioned in in any of her other posts. It was about her worrying and not her daughter.She just asked if it was normal to feel this way.So why has this thread turned into a bullying issue or being an outsider.

Like I said, it is what you make of it so don't listen to the pillocks on here who think this thread is about them just because they had a bad experience at school

I do hope that isn't an insult towards me! I am only giving my opinion and I don't appreciate the comment.

If you noticed, I did say the school is good - despite my own personal experience!

I do hope that isn't an insult towards me! I am only giving my opinion and I don't appreciate the comment.

If you noticed, I did say the school is good - despite my own personal experience!

Oh no hun - not at all against you, infact i'm not sure why I wrote Pillocks because the only one I know of is Jason! Sorry!

Oh no hun - not at all against you, infact i'm not sure why I wrote Pillocks because the only one I know of is Jason! Sorry!

Lets not tempt him guys, we've only just got back on sane ground on this thread as it is!! :D

Cheers Tess!! I was hoping you weren't tarring me with the same brush as "you know who!" :D

hi every1 update well day 3 an she has enjoyed it an seems to have made mates im so glad for her an thanks to all that was very nice an caring ur all stars :thumbsup:

That's great news. Any kid at any school will have their ups and downs - you just need to be there to support them and help them through it.

I work in Stocksbridge and have worked with the school a number of times. It doesn't strike me as any different to any other school, and there are lots of opportunities for pupils to get involved in different activities - the art, media and citizenship work seems particularly good.

Just concentrate on helping your daughter get the best out of her school experience, whatever school it is!

hi every1 update well day 3 an she has enjoyed it an seems to have made mates im so glad for her an thanks to all that was very nice an caring ur all stars :thumbsup:

Good news!

Tell her to remember when she's Prime Minister to have jasontsang sentenced to 10 years hard labour at British Tissues! :thumbsup:

Good news!

Tell her to remember when she's Prime Minister to have jasontsang sentenced to 10 years hard labour at British Tissues! :thumbsup:

PMSL!! :hihi:

Good news!

That should be the slaughterhouse should'nt it boyfriday:D