XBOX RROD when updating!! Help!!

This is all very interesting, I hope to god it doesn't happen to me, but if it does then I know how to fix it.

As the title suggests, my console decided kindly to RROD when updating to the NXE firmware and now comes up with a message saying

'Disc not read' Please insert update disc when powering on.

I had the RROD fixed but this message now remains and will not let me get onto the dashboard.

Any help people - and also ... the console is out of warranty also :(

It sounds like as the update failed during the install, the system can't boot the dash, and wants it on disc. You can download the update to burn to CD yourself HERE!.

Try burning the update disc, then power on the 360 with it in the drive. Fingers crossed. :)

Edited by helen3618
Added extra info

The above is all true, you can get the bolts and washers, or the pads to fix the 0020 error, but these aren't proper fixes - the solder is still broken, these solutions simply squeeze it back together to make a contact. A rework is a proper and much better long term fix. :)

The OP stated they've already had the RROD fixed anyway, it sounds like a software issue to me.

Can anyone help my son had the one month free an we are now trying to buy him gold for a year but it keeps defaulting to usa. Helpline say we have to set up a new email :help: