XBOX RROD when updating!! Help!!

As the title suggests, my console decided kindly to RROD when updating to the NXE firmware and now comes up with a message saying

'Disc not read' Please insert update disc when powering on.

I had the RROD fixed but this message now remains and will not let me get onto the dashboard.

Any help people - and also ... the console is out of warranty also :(

Out of warranty? You're stuffed unless you can either fork out £60 for repairs or buy a new console.

Could also be a dud update disc, check the disc for scratches etc, if it's scratched to hell it won't work anyway.

Update Disk? As soon as you sign in to LIVE even with a silver account you get the update available for download.

Where did you get the disk from?

if he put hawx in the 360,there is an update on it for the the new dash board,and it's going to be on a lot of new games coming out aswell,it's for the people that dont play online or ever connect to xbox live,i for one would prefer an update to get rid of the new dash it sux!!

Thanks for all your comments so far.

It was Far Cry 2 which was asking to update so I let it do its thing - next thing I know the machine RROD's in the middle of the update and that started all the problems :(

Its £40 for a RROD fix, but you say its been repaired once? was that by MS or a shop???

Take it into P&M computers on woodseats, its £40 to fix it, and if required they will put a fan in it to prevent it happening again.

Yes, you may have to fork out for a new console, either that or send it off to MS.

Edited by helen3618

My boyfriend will have a look at it. He fixes them for a living, i think he'll charge £40 to fix it. No fix no fee but im 99.99% he would be able to fix it. He uses a BGA re-work station to fix RROD's and also an Infectus programmer to fix any bios faults on the console, let me know if you want him to fix it for you.

You don't need a BGA station to fix the RROD issue, infact you don' need a solder iron at all.

xclamp kit is £3 on ebay....easy to follow if u google for a tutorial...

Edited by helen3618

why would u replace the clamps with xclamps?

the xclamps are already on there(u remove the xclamps if u have the xclamp kit and replace them with bolts and washers to clamp the cpu/gpu tighter....

the xclamps are the main cause of the red light errors as they warp the motherboard..

ive done about 40 and no returns yet :)

Edited by sheffield_uk