Mirtazapine - have you taken it before?

Evening all :)

I was just wondering if any one else has any experience of Mirtazapine?

I've recently been put on it (was on Citalopram prior to it).

I can't stop eating! Has anyone else had this?

I've never liked marzipan...I always pick it off with the icing.

I love almonds though!

I haven't tried it but why have you come off citalopram? I went on that in december and this time it sent me crazy, it's calmed down but I still don't like it and want off.

Have come off Citalopram as it just didn't seem to be working and I had just been feeling worse and worse. (Back to not leaving the house or bed/the thought of anything being just too much/feeling suicidal etc).

I was originally on 30mg, and had started to come off them (about 6 months ago) so was down to 10mg for a while as it seemed to be a bit better.

I just did a straight swop and luckily (apart from tiredness) the side effects haven't been as bad as with Citalopram.

And there's the eating. I'm eating lots :gag:

Hi, pink just wondering how your coping with the mirtazapine, just been prescribed it myself.

My mum takes Mirtazapine, and i believe she feels more hungry with it too. Hope you're getting on ok.

My friend was warned that an increased appetite and resulting weight gain were two of the side effects she could expect to experience.

Strangely, she also told me that her dreams became much less grounded in reality and became much weirder.

Citalopram is bloody awful! i was on this for anxiety and depression & my anxiety got worse! I felt like a shivering wreck tbh.. worst tablet ive ever took.

Hello everyone,

The tablets seem to be ok - feeling a lot more "perkier" than with Citalopram or Fluoxetine.

Appetite wise, I've gotten a bit better (put on over a stone in quite a short amount of time, which is quite a shock for me as I've always been the same weight, so a lot of my clothes are a little snug at the moment!!) I'm trying to make sure I eat a bit healthier, and snack on fruit or veg.

I'm going to the gym now, and doing more things (and actually following through with plans) which I think helps anyway! :)

Hope they're working for you jonmac!