Take over what Take Over

For a man who stated that he 'always has been, and always will be', a Wednesdayite, then I for one, am glad he wasn't a closet Blade, or summat else. We're talking £2.5m here, from a man probably worth around £100m now.

Sorry, 'fans' like him, we don't need. Strafford will find the money for this man, and send him on his way to Chesterfield F.C.

No big Owls fan..... and no big loss.

Rather Strafford with his £3m (which he is not going to 'invest') than this man and his tens of millions.

One's a fan, on isn't. 'Nuff said.

I'd wait and see with Strafford, have another look in a year or so when the novelty of someone in charge who isn't Allen has worn off, and see what he's actually delivered for you.

You can hardly blame Allen for wanting his money in full, after the abuse he's had - although he is looking like he's just being spiteful about it now, and being awkward for the sake of it.

The life of a Sheffield fan, as soon as you think you've turned a corner, someone or something knocks you back!

Can't see where anyone can slag a man for expecting to be paid back for making a loan.

It's the people who are wanting to renage on their obligations that should be slagged.

looking forward to having a few jars with your lad after the game CB all sorted meeting bladebloke before for a couple ,a mate of mine shareholder at hillsborough wouldn't have a bad word said about allen. he was abused big time from the fans, he was in a no win situation he put his own money in and still got abuse

he will never be welcomed at Hillsbro again .

as been said -sueing the fans was hit fatel mistake and his downfall

looking forward to having a few jars with your lad after the game CB all sorted meeting bladebloke before for a couple

Make sure young CB stick his hand in his pocket mate :hihi:

YOU ALSO HAD 3 PLAYERS WHO SUNK A LOT LOWER.

I hold no malice against the 3 players who I assume you refer to.

One of the players received the top mark in the match concerned, and what these three did was the tip of the iceberg at the time.

That many more players were not brought to justice; and evidence was stuck back in the vaults on the instruction of our FA, because to have proceeded would have brought so much bad publicity to the game in the build up on the eve of the 1966 World Cup is something that many people around at the time felt was grossly unfair.

These three commited a crime of betting against their own team, and were found guilty, as were a number of lower division players. Unfortunately reputed investigations into incidents such as money being offered to opposing teams , which included influencing the destiny of at least one major honour in the game were not completed (not concerning any Yorkshire team).

Hopefully the evidence might one day once surface again from the vaults of the Daily Express and be placed in front of a court of law. Clearly two wrongs don't make a right, and I have no further substance to back up such claims, and to say more would invoke libel laws, but they surround the same team which escaped relegation from the premier league in very dubious circumstances in 1994! There is no smoke without fire.

Edited by geocol

I hold no malice against the 3 players who I assume you refer to.

One of the players received the top mark in the match concerned, and what these three did was the tip of the iceberg at the time.

That many more players were not brought to justice; and evidence was stuck back in the vaults on the instruction of our FA, because to have done so would have brought so much bad publicity to the game in the build up on the eve of the 1966 World Cup is something that many people around at the time feel was grossly unfair.

very informative -thanks

its nice to have the facts

This is taken from this mornings Yorkshire Post think that the Wednesday Dream may be over

THE former chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has poured scorn on the proposed multi-million pound takeover of the Owls and bluntly stated he will not accept the current offer to buy out his interest in the club.

Dave Allen told the Yorkshire Post he would only accept a full repayment of his loans in the club and also said he did not believe new chairman Lee Strafford had secured the planned investment to revitalise Wednesday.

Allen, who is owed over £2m in outstanding loans and interest payments, said: "There is no way they have done a deal with me. As far as I'm concerned there is no deal being done.

"They are wanting everybody to take a hit on the loans. As far as I'm concerned it's a debt that has got to be honoured in full."

The former chairman said the cut he had been asked to take was around a third of the full amount.

Allen's stance could derail the planned takeover which has already secured an outline agreement with the club's bank which involves the Co-op Bank foregoing around half of the £21m it is owed.

Announcing that deal, Wednesday said the arrangement was "inter-conditional" on investment being delivered and agreements with loanees, like Allen, being in place.

Strafford set a deadline of March 31 to secure the new investment package but the necessary extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of shareholders needed to complete the takeover, which takes three weeks to arrange, would have to be called by tomorrow to meet the original target date.

But Allen does not believe funding is in place. He said significant investment would mean that paying off his relatively small loans, in full, would not be a problem.

And everyone said i should stop being cynical and give the bloke a try, doe's this mean he's got till midnight tommorow then the doubts will start to arise once again.

What a laugh i just didnt trust this fella to produce once id read up about him.

when he was in charge mate ,he was very unpopular -he was never liked by the fans

Woah woah woah.

Who made you official spokesman for EVERY wednesday fan. Was he unpopular after putting in this loan money or when we got promoted. I can speak for myself mate I don't need you doing it.

I think without allen we'd be in a far worse position. At the start of his chairmanship we needed him, in the end he was just too far out of touch with the fans and a change was needed.

My opinion is IF some investment comes just pay him off and leave him to clean his pigeons out!!

Woah woah woah.

Who made you official spokesman for EVERY wednesday fan. Was he unpopular after putting in this loan money or when we got promoted. I can speak for myself mate I don't need you doing it.

I think without allen we'd be in a far worse position. At the start of his chairmanship we needed him, in the end he was just too far out of touch with the fans and a change was needed.

My opinion is IF some investment comes just pay him off and leave him to clean his pigeons out!!

honest common sense at last. your points had already been mentioned but it doesn't seem to register with some people.

Can't see where anyone can slag a man for expecting to be paid back for making a loan.

It's the people who are wanting to renage on their obligations that should be slagged.

tell you the truth mate...the man's a bully....just give him his money and him off....good job he wer'nt our chairman in the 70s like him who owned presto tools on penistone road..poor sod had to get the glazers in every monday morning after another bad result......can't stand the man.....think he forgets where he came from slagging off my football team.....give him his due though...working class kid done good and for that i take my hat off to him...but still don't like him.....as for the takeover...if it happens or not...they'll not be throwing any money in the fans direction....as you know mate....to pay is to fail....i like mi freebies down sheffield 6...