Take over what Take Over

This is taken from this mornings Yorkshire Post think that the Wednesday Dream may be over

THE former chairman of Sheffield Wednesday has poured scorn on the proposed multi-million pound takeover of the Owls and bluntly stated he will not accept the current offer to buy out his interest in the club.

Dave Allen told the Yorkshire Post he would only accept a full repayment of his loans in the club and also said he did not believe new chairman Lee Strafford had secured the planned investment to revitalise Wednesday.

Allen, who is owed over £2m in outstanding loans and interest payments, said: "There is no way they have done a deal with me. As far as I'm concerned there is no deal being done.

"They are wanting everybody to take a hit on the loans. As far as I'm concerned it's a debt that has got to be honoured in full."

The former chairman said the cut he had been asked to take was around a third of the full amount.

Allen's stance could derail the planned takeover which has already secured an outline agreement with the club's bank which involves the Co-op Bank foregoing around half of the £21m it is owed.

Announcing that deal, Wednesday said the arrangement was "inter-conditional" on investment being delivered and agreements with loanees, like Allen, being in place.

Strafford set a deadline of March 31 to secure the new investment package but the necessary extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of shareholders needed to complete the takeover, which takes three weeks to arrange, would have to be called by tomorrow to meet the original target date.

But Allen does not believe funding is in place. He said significant investment would mean that paying off his relatively small loans, in full, would not be a problem.

Its not like its a suprise is it, straffords wrong move since he took over was giving this deal a 'deadline' as its put him and everyone involved at this deal under pressure- and it looks like this isn't going to happen now.

Just another case of broken promises again by a wednesday chairman.

said from the start, it was a smokescreen to humour the fans. just pulicity stunts, not a penny has been invested.

its no surprise that vindictive man Dave Allen has said this ,after all this is the man who tried to sue a fan who has cancer . that tells you everything about him.

i wonder if on april the first then strafford is going to come out and just say "APRIL FOOLS!!!!" ;)

Thing is, who would you put your money on to be telling the truth. Who is most likely to tell it how it REALLY is? Allen or Strafford?

1st of July i've heard this morning :thumbsup:

1st of never I heard:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thing is, who would you put your money on to be telling the truth. Who is most likely to tell it how it REALLY is? Allen or Strafford?

Neither- if you trust a football chairman then more fool you!

What Dave Allen wants is his money back cant blame him for that. I know if it was my money i'd want it back in full not half of it.

Neither- if you trust a football chairman then more fool you!

but Allen has shown himself to be a vindictive man with the business about sueing the fans. he has an axe to grind . he is just making himself and his other business`s very unpopular with comments like this

1st of July i've heard this morning :thumbsup:

Yes I'm sure that you would be the first to know. ;)