Big grey speed cameras?

Does anyone know if they only get you when going through a red light or when there on amber?

I spoke to someone at Police HQ in Sheffield about them a few months since.

From what they told me, the cameras will only pick you up if you go through a red light and that there was a seconds delay after the light had actually turned red before the camera would be activated.

Does anyone know if they only get you when going through a red light or when there on amber?

have you had a close shave ?

No well what happened was you know that grey one on the otherside of the rd from the big royal mail place at brightside i couldnt brake to stop coz there was someone behind me and i went through on amber but the guy behind me must of deffo gone through on red

if you ever get the chance to look at a gatso picture there is a line " red time ....." or similar that applies traffic light situation - 30mph and redtime of 0.8s and your probably going to get away with it, 36mph and a redtime of 3secs and your nicked type of thing

if you ever get the chance to look at a gatso picture there is a line " red time ....." or similar that applies traffic light situation - 30mph and redtime of 0.8s and your probably going to get away with it, 36mph and a redtime of 3secs and your nicked type of thing

I dont understand what you mean?

There's one situated at lights outside Lidl, Halifax Road, only trips on red. All speed cameras now have to be yellow.

Why did someone behind you stop you braking? Presumably you thought they were tailgating, but that should have meant you'd slowed down already in case you had to break suddenly for any other reason.

Why did someone behind you stop you braking? Presumably you thought they were tailgating, but that should have meant you'd slowed down already in case you had to break suddenly for any other reason.

Id already gone across the light line as it was changing its abit dangerous to slam your brakes on as your going through. And i was onlye doing about 32 mph hence id already slowed down...i supose he was more likely to of got caught than me seen as he must of defo gone through on red

On a similar track and seen yesterday in Rotherham. If you are stopped at a red light and an emergency vehicle comes along with its blue lights and siren going do you get "flashed" and fined if you pull forward over the stop line to let the blue light vehicle past?

I've been told that this has happened and that making way for a blue light is no excuse. In that case should you wait for the lights to change to green and stuff the emergency vehicle?

I am not asking about the morality of the action; what is the law enforcement position?

I dont understand what you mean?

didnt think it was that obscure - LOL

on the picture taken by the camera there is the information "how long had the lights been at red before the car went through them?"

so in answer to your question - no it doesnt "flash" you on amber.

didnt think it was that obscure - LOL

on the picture taken by the camera there is the information "how long had the lights been at red before the car went through them?"

so in answer to your question - no it doesnt "flash" you on amber.

Sorry im deslexic dont always get what people mean...but oh ok thanks