Worst ever sitcom?

I like stuff like Fawlty Towers, Hi De Hi, Bread (yes! A Carla Lane comedy! And last time I checked, I'm male) to more recent stuff like Two Pints of Lager (there's a special comic relief episode of that on BBC3 at 9)

Two Pints is poo.

At the risk of igniting a flame war, Only Fools and Horses.

Agreed.What utter tosh. Went on for about 30 years too long!

Terry and June.

Some Mothers do 'Ave 'Em

"Oooh, Bettyyy!!!!!!!"

Whilst the majority of bad sitcoms obviously are American, few would doubt that the standard of UK sitcoms has fallen from the halcyon days of the 1980s and 1990s.

However, we shouldn't allow the rose tinted spectacles to hide the fact there were some truly dire sitcoms even in the 1980s - with that in mind I must nominate the truly execrable "Birds Of A Feather" for the worst sitcom title.

However, if "Gavin & Stacey" carries on in its current vein it may well surpass even that.......

I think this is officailly the worst ever sitcom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9OY2kkFu8

No idea who thought this would be a good idea for a sitcom but it lasted about one week on Sky in the early days of satalite TV.

Some of my own nominations would include:

Taking the Floor (Ballroom dancing sitcom from early 90s)

Friends

My Family (over rated)

Boys in Blue (Cannon and Ball sitcom from 1980s)

Valentine Park (late 80s rubbish)

The Peter Principle

Two Point Four Children

Ab Fab (absolutedly not fab)

and anything by Carla Lane

There was one in the seventies my mother said with Denise Welch's husband in, can't remember his name but he seemed to spend most of his time on the lavatory - does anyone know I believe it was taken off the air due to complaints

There was one in the seventies my mother said with Denise Welch's husband in, can't remember his name but he seemed to spend most of his time on the lavatory - does anyone know I believe it was taken off the air due to complaints

hahahaha - Don't tell one of our TV heroes Tim Healy you can't remember him but you know him from being married to some tart off Loose Women!!!

I've never forgiven her for seducing Kevin behind Sallys back.