Can anyone tell me what the schools around Shiregreen are like?

They must have smartened it up a bit since my young un was there, it used to be crap. My mates son was shot in the face, a centimeter below the eye in fact with a BB gun in class by one of those rowdy protected kids that always disrupt everyone else in class.

well that just shows you shouldnt go there. Do you know they have changed or are you just guessing they are.

well that just shows you shouldnt go there. Do you know they have changed or are you just guessing they are.

It has been about 2 years since she went there but it was a nightmare. They had one of those special kids with a license to cause trouble in her class, he was like a tornado of grief smashing everything up in his path, all at the expense of other kids education.

One yardstick, although not necessarily conclusive, is to note the amount (if any) of litter in and around the school's premises and perimeter. This might indicate the attitude of the teachers.

I recomend you not going to any of them and going to myers grove up stanington. iv heard shiregreen is a prity rough area

I thought Myers Grove was a senior school.

I've been reading Beck's latest Ofsted report online and it seems to be an ok school according to that, it was given notice to improve in 2007 it says but has really picked up.

I'll now hunt for the Ofsted reports for the other schools mentioned.

have you also thought about ecclesfield primary school or st patricks school.

good idea to check out the ofsted reports and look at schools alittle further away(if you have transport).

We've checked the distance and route to Ecclesfield school but i don't think my 3 year old would make it! I've also been told I have to be a Catholic to send my children to At Patricks. I don't drive and the only person that does would be at work already by the time it came to going to school.

I have lived in Shiregreen for a long time and both my children and grandson also go to beck school without problems, it's a decent school, Hartley brook school also has a good name.

Unfortunately all schools may have children integrated into the class with problems now a days, thats not to make light of a problem that anyone has had just that this is what happens in schools now...rightly or wrongly so, it is nothing to do with how good or bad a school is.

We've checked the distance and route to Ecclesfield school but i don't think my 3 year old would make it! I've also been told I have to be a Catholic to send my children to At Patricks. I don't drive and the only person that does would be at work already by the time it came to going to school.

my kids go to st patricks and we aren't catholic.:thumbsup:

the only thing is if you go to their nursery you do not automaticaly get a place in school. give them a go it would be worth it. lovely school

I thought Myers Grove was a senior school.

I've been reading Beck's latest Ofsted report online and it seems to be an ok school according to that, it was given notice to improve in 2007 it says but has really picked up.

I'll now hunt for the Ofsted reports for the other schools mentioned.

Yes, myers is a senior school but there is shooters grove just up the road, riverlin primary not to far away :)

They must have smartened it up a bit since my young un was there, it used to be crap. My mates son was shot in the face, a centimeter below the eye in fact with a BB gun in class by one of those rowdy protected kids that always disrupt everyone else in class.

Interesting....is that a bicycle pump your aiming with in your avatar??:hihi:

Its great if you want your kids to be street wise, Plently of fighting pratice and they will learn swear word even adult will struggle to understand

Interesting....is that a bicycle pump your aiming with in your avatar??:hihi:

No its my school pen ;)