If you could bring back one of Sheffield's past features

I would like to bring back a street of the old back to back houses preserved as they were with all the old furniture and furnishings and household appliances in them,and even down to the outside toilets and cobbles.

Bit like The Black Country museum. Love that place.

Still got my outside toilet!

There are plans to bring water play back to Millhouses.

Does any-one remember Rebina shoes on the market?

I'd like to see the old 'proper' Sheffield Show come back in Hillsborough park, when they had the army stands and stuff, live bands and that. Also remember them displaying a submarine there in the 70's.

would have been a bit pointless doing that. The place was a muggers and wino's paradise anyway.
Remove the winos and muggers, not the hole. A shot behind the head would've done the trick.
If you could bring back one of Sheffield's past features
Goodwin Fountain, the extensive tram system that went somewhere, Cochranes, Cole(s Brothers) Corner, what Council demolished for no reason, large streets in town, the demise of Meadowhall.

Bradleys records, Tramps on King Streeet, Suggs sports, and of course REDGATES.

I never saw the "Hole in the Road" but reading about it I would have loved to have seen it. Was it true it used to have a fish tank???

yeah it had a fishtank in one wall, big flower pot thingies in the centre under the hole, doors to the various shops round it and paths leading off to all the various thoroughfares......could be confusing sometimes trying to work out which path lead to the area you needed to go lol.

id bring back

the hole in the road

the fargate fountain

wap

rebels

amazing records

redgates

sheaf valley baths :P

Edited by melthebell
yeah i forgot redgates :P

Unfortunately true.

With conductors came more freely flowing buses (less time stood at stops coughing fumes and causing congestion). Journey times cut. Timetables adhered to easier. Safer and more secure environment for passengers. Less stress on driver freeing him up to concentrate on the job in hand ..... driving.

Them were t' days.

that wasnt due to bus conductors that was due to the times (70s) less traffic etc etc

Rebina Shoes.

The top diving board at Sheaf valley

Pippys.

The roulette drinks board at Berlins (but not in Berlins these days!)

The crocodile at the food court in Orchard Square and the cheese shop.

The Wimpy on Fargate.

La videotech/The Beat Club at The Leadmill

The hole in the road fishtank

2p bus fares

Bendy buses.

The rolf harris painting that was in the swimming baths - what numpty did not think to save it?

The Mappin Art Gallery

woolworths pick and mix

I worked there for a while, it was great fun.

me too and if it opened again i would like to go back

Wappentec (sp?) and Rackham's! Casbah never been half as good as it was before, and Sheffield is the biggest city without a House of Fraser in it's centre... Meadowhall doesn't count, since it's a nasty little dump that should have been made into a prison afterall :)