If you could bring back one of Sheffield's past features

jackie magazine , chopper bikes, and spangle sweets

Must be showing your age you told us twice :hihi::hihi:

jackie magazine, chopper bikes and spangle sweets.

I never saw the "Hole in the Road" but reading about it I would have loved to have seen it. Was it true it used to have a fish tank???

yes mate -it had a large fish tank-was lovely to see the fish

I would love to bring back the lovely brass weighing scales that use to stand in the corner of the rag market with the red leather seat , my mum let me have ago on them every time we went to town , i wonder what happened to them .

Not a feature just particular to Sheffield, but oh for the return of bus conductors.

Not a feature just particular to Sheffield, but oh for the return of bus conductors.

Got to agree with that one. Unfortunatly it will never happen as all public transport now is all about money money money

Got to agree with that one. Unfortunatly it will never happen as all public transport now is all about money money money

Unfortunately true.

With conductors came more freely flowing buses (less time stood at stops coughing fumes and causing congestion). Journey times cut. Timetables adhered to easier. Safer and more secure environment for passengers. Less stress on driver freeing him up to concentrate on the job in hand ..... driving.

Them were t' days.

would have been a bit pointless doing that. The place was a muggers and wino's paradise anyway.

agree with you there. i was attacked in the hole in the road by two guys when i was a teenager ...glad it's gone!

Tinsley towers

Some of the old city centre buildings that have disappeared only to be replaced by ugly rubbish.

And the Burger King on Fargate.

I would like to bring back a street of the old back to back houses preserved as they were with all the old furniture and furnishings and household appliances in them,and even down to the outside toilets and cobbles.

There certainly was a large fishtank containing tropical fish, viewed through a large glass panel in the wall of the underpass. Don't know who owned it. Woudn't last two minutes now.

Edited by carosio

The grass on Devonshire Green and Tudor Square

Forever Changes, Hillsborough Records, Polar Bear and our once great indie record shops.

The Lescar before it became a 2 for 1 food and wine bar.

Live music in the Deep End.