Anyone Grow Up In Oughtibridge ?

i remember a few park keepers from my childhood there. there was ron ,dave and an elderly chap who has a whippit (cant remember his name ):confused:

I don't know who the guy's name with the whippet was but I remember seeing him. I used to know Ron and Dave quite well as we used to go down and use the putting greens down there (gone now)

Hi, all my family are buried at Burton cemetary at the top of Church Street, My dad, grandparents, thier parents, great uncles etc, so my family has real ties to Oughtibridge, Anyone else have family members there?

Yeah, my mum, nan-nan & Grandad & my Uncle Mick

I don't know who the guy's name with the whippet was but I remember seeing him. I used to know Ron and Dave quite well as we used to go down and use the putting greens down there (gone now)

i lived on the putting greens when i was a kid -long gone ,sadly.

Yeah, my mum, nan-nan & Grandad & my Uncle Mick

The guy with the whippet did he go in the King and Miller? I think he played darts with my hubbby, wasn't he called Gerry Waisnidge (sp):)

The guy with the whippet did he go in the King and Miller? I think he played darts with my hubbby, wasn't he called Gerry Waisnidge (sp):)

Not sure to be honest. I can totally picture what the guy looks like but never knew his name. I always thought he was the stand-in if Ron or Dave were not working.

It was a great park though, I won no end of goldfish at the Village Galas lol

NPB I think I remember he had blonde or reddish hair not too tall and a bit chubby, is the one you mean about 60yrs old?

Not sure to be honest. I can totally picture what the guy looks like but never knew his name. I always thought he was the stand-in if Ron or Dave were not working.

It was a great park though, I won no end of goldfish at the Village Galas lol

he was the sunday parkie -only did sundays ,and he smoked those thin cigars , he was in his 60`s then ,might be dead now

I thought the guy with the whippet had grey hair to be honest. The age might be about right though, he must have passed away by now I would have thought.

I thought the guy with the whippet had grey hair to be honest. The age might be about right though, he must have passed away by now I would have thought.

yeah he did have grey hair and a thin grey mustache

I don't think he's the same guy, because he'd be in his 60s now, he used to drive a 3 wheeled car in early 70s I have a picture of him from 1974 if I can find it. I guess it's not important I guess you were just reminiscing. We used to take our kids to Oughtibridge for walks in the early seventies, we used to walk down the ravines to the streams, lovely memories.

If thats anyone it sounds like it could be Dave.

If thats anyone it sounds like it could be Dave.

i was trhinking that -the description sounds like him