Anyone Grow Up In Oughtibridge ?

George Davisones lad . Which one ?

theres paul ,steven or wayne ?

I lived on Crag View Crescent most of my life.

yes i was born in church st 1949 went to the primary school then to bradfield secondry moved to cornwall when i was 12 or 13 didnt have a lot of choice as parents moved but we did have a lot of relations in cornwall , used to play down brook lane and all over oughtibridge mates were john and barry got barry died pretty young lets see girls linda gardner ann seymore andrea bradshaw the 2 alan girls margret mallinson jean hopkins one who was a little older was ann skelly carol coupland elizebeth satin and several other boys and girls had a great childhood would not have swapped it for the world that will do for now phil

Well i was born in 63 and lived on Crag View Crescent all my life. Barney was my neighbour at one time, and then moved down to Langsett Road South, again next to Barney. I am still looking for someone called Charmayne Ekins from school days if anyone knows her whereabouts.

My Father grew up in Outibridge pre 1920. I believe his uncle was very active at the Club down in the bottom of the village (don't remember it's name)

My wife, Debbie lived all her life in Oughtibridge before she married me - that was in 1980 when we went to live in Woodseats

She used to live on Naylor Grove - her mum and dad were George and Mavis Stride, and her two brothers Nigel and Paul

She went to the Primary School and then to Bradfield - she left there in 1975 to work at Cole Bros.

Nigel left Oughtibridge early 70's to go to Uni in London - never came back and he still lives there, but retired now

Paul left early 80's - now lives Firth Park

George & Mavis both died, sadly, within ten days of each other in 1989

Mavis's family were long time Oughtibridge residents - before moving up to Naylor Grove they used to have a place at the back of the butchers down in the village.

Debbie has some very fond memories of her childhood in the village and is looking forward to bring our granddaughter up to the park sometime (we now live in Rutland)

I am writing this for the missus 'cus she and computers dont get on - every time she sits at one it seems to always go wrong!

i went to school with Ashley Kilworth -jasons brother . i know Bill Needham very well . not seen james for a long time though.

you will know me then -i left in 86. i was in same year as Carl Fletcher ,chris & matt Eales. lived in Oughtibridge till i was 30.

I'm Jason and Ashley's sister - born in Oughtibridge in 1985 when we lived in The White Hart - I LOVED that pub (was only there until I was 7 or 8 I think) then moved to Loxely then back to Oughtibridge again when I was 11.

Jason now owns my mum and dads old house in Oughtibridge and my parents and Ashley now live in Wharnclife Side. I now live in Westfield but do miss Oughtibridge from time to time!

:D

Whatever happened to the following people, do you remember

Oughtibridge School

Barry Gott (believe he died when he was around his mid thirties)

John Gott (lived in Chruch Street)

Susan Lees

Joanne Bradshaw she was my first crush

Carol Coopland

David Ducker

Keith Hopkins

Scoppie Schofield

Janet Smith

where are they now?

if u knew john gott carol coupland perhaps u knew me i lived in church st and used to play with them

Keith Faulkner lived on crag view crescent,anyone know him?

i was also born in 1971, and lived in Oughtibridge until I was 30. great place then but too many new housing estates for my liking. My old man still lives there.

Lived there since i was born in '68, till i got married in '91, Hare & Hounds was a good pub, Brian & Mary had it when we used to go in, it was my dads second home,!!! oh the memories, (what i can remember of them). My Auntie also had Chippy for a few years, we lived above it for a while (the smell stays with you forever) lol.

does anyone remember gillian & alison bradshaw from cockshutts lane oughtibridge im Gillian we both went to bradfield school alison still lives in the village but i live in australia have done for the last 20 years have great memories of growing up in oughtibridge