Bands at working mens clubs

I remember a rock band called Cincinatti who played around Sheffield a lot in the late eighties they were good. They changed their name to Big Chill and won Metal Hammer best band competition and got a record deal for one album.

Strongheart were good when Billy was playing bass as well.

Just in case you are wondering.. I haven't been in any of these bands! :suspect:

Anyone remember Ponders End?

i remember ponders end, was it john parr that did the tricks with the spectrum. i bought one of their t-shirts the one with the london underground sign saying ponders end, good times.

i remember ponders end, was it john parr that did the tricks with the spectrum. i bought one of their t-shirts the one with the london underground sign saying ponders end, good times.

They seemed to lose their way when John Parr left (he went on to better things). I remember a guy doing the backing tape to Eathquake. It was very primitive back then.

saw Uncle Rotters Pigmeat band in the 70s at Woodseats WMC--all original material ,which takes a lot of nerve in a club ,but also got the sound mix perfect with all instuments balanced along with the singer--------------------another good group were Grantham Street Life--about 8 piece outfit with brass who played Chigargo/BST,s type of music-----------------------If you are ever out Lincoln way check out Soul Solution---coolest frontman I have ever seen,----they have a website but I dont know how to put a link up, it has about 10 songs on it-cheers to all

i am surprised that nobody has mentioned one of the best groups by far Pat Lesley and the Greycats

Did Sutch play the Arundel at Manor in 1960`s or am I imagining it ?

Can`t quite remember, mind you I used to lower ale in them (those) days.

I remember seeing a band at one of the "Eastwood" clubs, (could never remember which was which) And the lead Singer / Guitarist did the "plectrum tricks" I recall they were very good. I recall he sounded a bit Rod Stewart, nowt wrong wi' that though!! Wernt impressed with the Plectrum tossing !

Fancy finding out who he was after all this time!

Edited by Freebooter
Wrong info !

I remember seeing a band at one of the "Eastwood" clubs, (could never remember which was which) And the lead Singer / Guitarist did the "plectrum tricks" I recall they were very good. I recall he sounded a bit Rod Stewart, nowt wrong wi' that though!! Wernt impressed with the Plectrum tossing !

Fancy finding out who he was after all this time!

That sounds like the local band Ponders End, with John Parr doing the plectrum flicks. He went on to bigger things, His biggest hit was St. Elmo's Fire.

See the following link for info on John Parr

http://www.doncaster.tv/johnparr/jpgallery.htm

Think the drummer from BITTER SUITE was Steve aka Bubbles, passed away a few years ago

The McKay band, great Keyboards and vocals, did a lot of covers of the day.