Bands at working mens clubs

There used to be a band called 'Free State' - from the Dinnington area I believe.

my favourite wmc band of all time was alcatraz who split a few years ago :(

anyone remember them?

My favorite early seventies club band was "New Jersey Turnpike" - always a good show. When they played The Swan they had a more contemporary agenda.
Roger Harrison New Jersy's drummer died recently after a long battle with cancer, there was a tremendous turnout at the funeral.

Bands that played to packed audiences at the Woodseats in the the seventies were the great Bitter Suite, Mickeys Monkeys with John Parr, Limelight, Anita Allen and Turnstyle and finally Johnny Kalendar and Mainstream. Think one of their guitarists was a butcher in the Castle Market.

i was with ecclesfield silver prize band. we usually played them on sundays doing the dinnertime session then returning for the evening spot.

-

i was with ecclesfield silver prize band. we usually played them on sundays doing the dinnertime session then returning for the evening spot.

hello johnbear, what years were you with ESPB. i played with them from 1970 till 75. when i started we used to practice in the old chapel near the bottom of townend road before we moved to the OAP hut across from smiths bike shop on st marys lane. roy hartley was the conductor when i started until roy left to be replaced by paddy lewis from elsicar. were you there when we came first at new brighton?. oh and my sister used to play the flugal horn at that time. nearly forgot.....i played in the bass section.

what about Jimmy James and the Vagabonds, Complete Madness and the very funny Discoes.

red rose speedway ( who became klix) , tyke , starstar. soul story

red rose speedway ( who became klix) , tyke , starstar. soul story

Red Rose Speedway, my uncle was in that band!

Any one remember the Barton Brothers, first they were Barry and Russel but then it was big Jim Greaves and Barry, Jim, who sadly passed away, but as far as I know Barry is still performing

I remember The Johnny Calendar Band. Also a band called Jade.

I remember The Johnny Calendar Band. Also a band called Jade.

Jade? Female keyboard player?