Bands at working mens clubs

just been talking at work some great bands,anybody remember bitter sweet,cfs always played elo songs.does anybody remember a band from manchester called chatosh great female lead singer.

My favorite early seventies club band was "New Jersey Turnpike" - always a good show. When they played The Swan they had a more contemporary agenda.

eric delaney with his massive drum kit

teazer used to be good,quite a good meatloaf set as i recall

i remember playing quite a few working mens clubs back in the early 70,s when i was with ecclesfield silver prize band. we usually played them on sundays doing the dinnertime session then returning for the evening spot. i would have been 14 or 15 years old then but must have looked older as i always managed to get served with a couple of pints. but whenever we played chapeltown club on a sunday dinnertime any of us under 18 had to leave the concert room while the stripper was on. happy days!!

Chuck Fowler's band, can't remember their name, always put on a good show, I thought they were brilliant, never forget the look on the Malin's Landlord's face as Chuck was trashing the Malin's piano, back in the seventies. Hilarious.

Don't think i'm condoning vandalism, Chuck was roughly removing the piano's removable wooden superstructure, doing no real damage, but to the uninitiated (the landlord) it looked like he was doing a (WHO) and destroying the piano. Chuck Fowler's live versions of Mona Lisa I saw in the clubs and pubs were just as good as the Carl Mann and Jerry lee's recordings, brilliant.

Edited by Sweatshopboy

I remember being at the cubs/scouts, 70's which was next to the working mens club in High Green, there was a loud band on and the scout leader complaining about the horrible noise and "What type of name was Def Leppard"

Not a band,but does anyone remember a club singer called Tony James and what happened to him?

I remember Bitter Sweet.There was a good band that played regularly at Ecclesall non-pots.Wat were they called?

wolves. quinceharmon .new jerseyturnpike. magic. wow all great bands hapy days.

Tyranasurus Rex (guess what they changed their name too), The Internationals who with the infermous Paul Gadd went on to become the Glitter Band.

And not just bands solo artists and comedians our loverly Marti Caine (R.I.P) & The Discos and dont forget those girls who entertained the men The Strippers.

Happy Memories of Shiregreen WMC home of the Full Monty.

In the mid '70's I used to babysit for a memberof Bitter Suite and I think that somewhere I've got a couple of their 45's possibly signed.

I remember a group called Travellin' Band that used to work the clubs in the Rotherham/Barnsley area in the early 80's but I don't think any Sheffield Forummers will remember them.

I

In the 60s we followed, John O,Hara and his playboys...Wolves...Freddie & Dreamers. etc.

All great.

Also on a different note...The 4 Mimes