'Do not resuscitate' necklaces

I have a S.O.S necklace you can buy them from HM Samuels around £30 I think plus other places it comes with piece of paper what is inside the necklace and pulls out. You can put alsorts on it including blood group and alergys aswell as medication.

Thanks, that sounds well worth checking.

Thanks too for the other suggestions.

Gosh I don't know whether to be flattered or not.

..be flaterred Minimo! The tone of your posts and what you have to say give the impression you're younger than you are, funnily enough, when I read the thread title, I thought you were going to argue that necklaces were passe and there was a much trendier alternative!

What I'm not telling is whether I'm one of those women who always knock a few years off. ;)

..that of course, is a lady's perogative :)

I was just about to go and amend the thread title with some quote marks to make it more readable, but when I got there someone else had already done it. Thank you CR!

Just out of interest...

If something did happen (eg Heart attack at home) would the paramedics just leave you on the floor till you expired? What would happen to the paramedic if he/she couldnt bring themselves to just leave you there, and actually brought you back around against your wishes?

Just out of interest...

If something did happen (eg Heart attack at home) would the paramedics just leave you on the floor till you expired? What would happen to the paramedic if he/she couldnt bring themselves to just leave you there, and actually brought you back around against your wishes?

A very interesting question, and one that needs answering.

Are there any paramedics on here who could comment?

In my own case, as I live alone chances are I would have expired long before anyone found me.

In the UK 'DNR' will only be decided in a hospital/care home situation, by a team of doctors.

A living will will be looked at when coming to such a decision.

A bracelet/necklace will make them aware that such a will is in existence.

Paramedics called to a collapsed individual will not pay any attention to such a request.

They will only look for life-saving information on bracelets.

Edited by cgksheff

Our lass had a "DO NOT RESCUCITATE" necklace round her neck.

Well sort of..It was cheese wire,(after a difference of opinion)

I'm sorry, but I totally mis-read the title and my first thought was..

How the hell can you resuscitate a bloody necklace ??..:hihi:

Just having a stupid blonde moment there.. :hihi:

I'll be quiet now... :D

I thought the same, and I'm balding...:suspect:

Just out of interest...

A nurse at work did that a couple of years ago, lost her job over it for not following instructions, the woman was wearing a DNR braclet and it was also on her chart...she did get another job later on with no problem, the problem wasn't mostly reviving the woman but not following instructions when she had the time to.

Just out of interest...

If you are having a heart attack then the paramedic will treat you to keep you alive, if you died and needed resuscitation then with the proper paperwork (DNAR form) they would leave you be

i was about to say that.

i did watch something on tv last year i think wear a woman had a tatoo stating this.

yes i too started to read this because of the title. glad to hear im not the only one thinking i was going mad

I'm sorry, but I totally mis-read the title and my first thought was..

How the hell can you resuscitate a bloody necklace ??..:hihi:

Just having a stupid blonde moment there.. :hihi:

I'll be quiet now... :D

mmm i'm embarrassed to say i thought the OP was annoyed about a previous thread about necklaces and didnt want it restarting:loopy::hihi: