Questionable behaviour of pupils from Tapton School

i think you will find outit was started by king edwards pupils attacking one child from tapton. he was badly injured and the police are now involved.

Quite the opposite, I think that the situation we are in as a nation is quite poor.

Inability to spell and use any kind of grammar looks very bad on our education system, and I'm not talking about perfect English here, just an attempt at it would be nice. I myself make many mistakes, usually when I am writing on forum's and such like, but come on!

There's no apostrophe in "forums". You alluded directly to your own mistake. Brilliant

<<<I now have a PhD.

What does that tell you?>>>

Is that a sort of car, or an embarassing rash?

I went to Tapton, Left in 1995, I dont know where people get the idea of Tapton being such a good school? It isnt! Students were "shipped" in from all over Sheffield, A few areas I know of and had friends from were Parsons Cross, Darnall, Upperthorpe, Netherthorpe, None of which were classed as "nice" areas, I didnt like Tapton, At the time I was there It had blind students aswell, which tended to get all the help and attention of the teachers, And the so called "rich" kids were worse than anyone, As a result I hate "silver spoon" children that go to school knowing full well it doesnt really matter what grades they achieve as "Daddy" will get them a job anyway. Everything I have I have worked for and earnt, No hand outs!!! Tapton= Rubbish

Very well said. We're in the process of moving house for that very reason at the moment. My little boy will be starting school next September and I don't want him attending school where we live now. Hopefully, not too many undesirables will be placed in schools near the new house. :(

I don't think any school in Sheffield is safe as all to an extent bus in students from parts of the city that wouldn't normally be considered as part of the catchment area. All the top schools - Tapton, King Edwards, Silverdale, High Storrs - they all bus in students and all have been known to have problems.

I went to Tapton, Left in 1995, I dont know where people get the idea of Tapton being such a good school? It isnt! Students were "shipped" in from all over Sheffield, A few areas I know of and had friends from were Parsons Cross, Darnall, Upperthorpe, Netherthorpe, None of which were classed as "nice" areas, I didnt like Tapton, At the time I was there It had blind students aswell, which tended to get all the help and attention of the teachers, And the so called "rich" kids were worse than anyone, As a result I hate "silver spoon" children that go to school knowing full well it doesnt really matter what grades they achieve as "Daddy" will get them a job anyway. Everything I have I have worked for and earnt, No hand outs!!! Tapton= Rubbish

Talk about inverted snobbery..:roll:

Sour grapes was it then?

Is it just Tapton or do the other nice schools have underisables bussed in?

There's no apostrophe in "forums". You alluded directly to your own mistake. Brilliant

It's fora, not forums.... :|

what a cynical post! we are 'local'. you couldn't consider my 2 kids that attend Tapton 'rich kids' I am a postman and the wife only works par-time. There is no doubt that it is a good school, all the figures prove that. My kids go there because we are in the catchment area and they both went to the feeder school. It proves its a good school also by the fact that people send their kids across the city to attend. My son knows of one kid who has to get 3 buses every morning to get there! The silver spoon and handouts comments niggled me slightly. The recent trouble that has occurred is localised, ie a group of somali kids from KES have had a run in with 1 or 2 Tapton kids. Its not really fair to judge either school because of a personal incident.

you forgot to mention there is also another school next to tapton

King edwards??

The standard's of spelling and grammer are appaling from all schools these days not just tapton kids there all atrocius.

How can you say something like that when your'es is so bad?

Talk about inverted snobbery..:roll:

Sour grapes was it then?

I was speaking of my experiences of the school, some 15 yrs ago! Its not snobbery at all, It doesnt matter what school your child goes to , it all depends on your childs willingness to learn