Questionable behaviour of pupils from Tapton School

I was one of the 'bussed in scum' you are refering to and can say I don't like the way in which we are all being labeled the same by the 'better people'. I'm from S2 orriginally too oh and used to catch the 51 home. You want to have a pop at me too or are you just willing to sit there on your high horse looking down on all of us. People like you really get my back up.

I'll admit I didn't do well at school. So what? I came out with the grades I needed for the job I wanted and went and did it. I joined the army. Enjoyed every minute of it. So because I'm an under acheiver I shouldn't have enjoyed what I did is what you're saying? Please get a grip of yourself and visit the real world instead of hiding in your fantasy land.

And no because I lost interest I didn't disrupt the other pupils. I was in pretty much every class with 3 of my close mates and you know what 2 of them are doctors now and 1 lives in germany teaching English!

If a student was disruptive they weren't allowed to attend the lesson. They were given the chance to sit in and get involved but before they got to far were asked to leave and come back after class.

I was a Tapton pupil too. You wanna have a go at that as well?

You're very defensive aren't you? I'm not quite sure if you're referring to my message or other people's but if it's mine as long as you didn't cause trouble and frighten people and their children on the 51 or in and around Crosspool then I'm not referring to you. I'm not talking about any pupil, former or current, who knows how to behave themselves. I'm not saying they should all be academic geniuses either. I'm pleased you behaved yourself even though the lessons didn't engage you, I'm pleased you've had a successful life.

Is it still the case I wonder, that children aren't allowed to attend lessons if they disrupt them? I really hope so as I have a child who will be attending Tapton in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if teachers aren't allowed to do that now :-(.

I have read the recent ofsted report for Tapton and it has an exceptional report. The feedback I hear about the school is very positive with pupils enjoying the additional activities the school puts on in music, drama and PE. As a parent I would have no hesitation about sending my children to Tapton. And I have no doubt the school and relevant authorities will deal with the culprits involved.

BTW

If anyone is unsure about catchment areas, the Sheffield council website has a very good system where you can type in your postcode and it gives you the options.

You ought to see it up near Silverdale/High Storrs when they're turning out. A bus driver I spoke to the other day said he was sick to death of the complaints forms he's filled in regarding Silverdale kids who are "bussed in" to school, the local kids are O.K. but, they don't travel on the bus.

After many letters of complaints about some of the children Nick Clegg has written to the Head teachers of both schools mentioned above and this week I know the police are in Silverdale giving talks in assemblies regarding abusive behaviour towards residents. It isn't just the bus drivers who are targeted by abuse. A pensioner waiting for the bus outside the local Spar was called white trash and told to F*** off.

Owners of the Spar have in the past banned all Silverdale pupils from entering due to abuse suffered by shop workers there. There were also suggestions to put someone from the Somali community on the 82 bus in an attempt to curb exceedingly appaling behaviour by pupils, who taunted and threatened the driver, note this was also girls who said they would say he acted inappropriately towards them. In this instance the driver got of the bus visibly shaken. Residents and workers in the community who provide a service should not have to put up with this.

Whilst you cannot tar everyone with the same brush the issues show that at the moment there is a big problem with behaviour of some youths which bring down the tone of the community (school and the surrounding area).

ahhh I remember the rivalry very very well when i was back at school i still see the two dont get on still then? I used to go to ND and the bus at the time was the number 60 and it ALWAYS rather eventful after school!! On the way to school it was quiet as everyone was either asleep or too tired to argue.

I hope you're not being sarcastic because I agree with you completely too!
Failed Labour immigration policy is the problem.Schools are burdened with trying to get immigrants up to speed,and Tapton is just another school that is overweight with them and has sadly lost it's way! Edited by mossdog

Had a chat with my daughter tonight (Tapton). Asked her what the story was. She mentioned that it all kicked off on Taptons playing field. A group of Somali lads from King Eds made a beeline for a bunch of Tapton lads. A lot of abuse from the KES lads but one King Ed lad took to pushing what he thought was a Tapton pushover...seems he made a mistake and got a good hammering from the Tapton lad. Anyway the KES lads run off...only to return with a posse...hence police helicopters and ground crew as that's when it reallly did kick off.

My opinion is kids are kids and this sort of stuff happens...even in my days when PC didn't even exist. Reading some of the comments from both sides I'm not in the least bit surprised what kids get up to. Dispite what many think Tapton has a good record as does KES. I know one girl, a friend of my daughter, from the lower end of the Manor who's a credit to Tapton.

I've also overheard my daughters while having stopovers with friends talking about boys, it seems the girls do have a problem with Somali lads...they complain their very arrogant and quite insulting towards the White girls. It's a pity because one of the Somali girls who stops over seems very embarrassed by it all.

I've grounded (not as a punishment)both my girls from Crosspool for a month while things die down through the school getting to grips with things...hopefully.:(

ahhh I remember the rivalry very very well when i was back at school i still see the two dont get on still then? I used to go to ND and the bus at the time was the number 60 and it ALWAYS rather eventful after school!! On the way to school it was quiet as everyone was either asleep or too tired to argue.

Probably 2 gallon of Coca-Cola that does it...:hihi:

My opinion is kids are kids and this sort of stuff happens...even in my days when PC didn't even exist. Reading some of the comments from both sides I'm not in the least bit surprised what kids get up to. Dispite what many think Tapton has a good record as does KES. I know one girl, a friend of my daughter, from the lower end of the Manor who's a credit to Tapton.(

I think that goes some way to explaining it Alien, I remember a kerfuffle that spilled down onto Fulwood Road, stopping traffic, resulting in police attendance, and that was in the 70's.

Had a chat with my daughter tonight (Tapton). Asked her what the story was. She mentioned that it all kicked off on Taptons playing field. A group of Somali lads from King Eds made a beeline for a bunch of Tapton lads. A lot of abuse from the KES lads but one King Ed lad took to pushing what he thought was a Tapton pushover...seems he made a mistake and got a good hammering from the Tapton lad. Anyway the KES lads run off...only to return with a posse...hence police helicopters and ground crew as that's when it reallly did kick off.

My opinion is kids are kids and this sort of stuff happens...even in my days when PC didn't even exist. Reading some of the comments from both sides I'm not in the least bit surprised what kids get up to. Dispite what many think Tapton has a good record as does KES. I know one girl, a friend of my daughter, from the lower end of the Manor who's a credit to Tapton.

I've also overheard my daughters while having stopovers with friends talking about boys, it seems the girls do have a problem with Somali lads...they complain their very arrogant and quite insulting towards the White girls. It's a pity because one of the Somali girls who stops over seems very embarrassed by it all.

I've grounded (not as a punishment)both my girls from Crosspool for a month while things die down through the school getting to grips with things...hopefully.:(

Where did this come from? You've just picked up a thread that hasn't had a contribution since 17 Mar 2009. It's 14 months old?

Yes, thanks to New Labour's brilliant (ie, spiteful) Choices For All, the better schools in the city, those schools which perform comfortably and whose children leave with a better-than-average grade, now have to take in the city's tumbleweed chavvers (no interests, no futures and no regards for anybody but their pathetic selves) who get ferried across the city and land en masse at hitherto decent schools.

Part of Choices For All is that those who have worked hard, saved hard and managed to buy their house in areas like Crosspool and thus have the benefit of sending their kids to what were good, local schools, now see their efforts ruined by those who don't have, never will have and can't-be-arsed-to-get (benefits notwithstanding), now gain access to better schools where, upon arrival, they will bring down the reputation of that particular school and whilst doing so, disrupt the education of all the other willing, hard-working kids.

Be it Tapton, King Edward's or any other English comprehensive school.

Meanwhile, our beloved MPs' offspring attend the best private schools in the land where such wretched, nasty policies are not implemented and are so far removed, they're almost in another land.....probably where most MPs seem to live.

Very well said. We're in the process of moving house for that very reason at the moment. My little boy will be starting school next September and I don't want him attending school where we live now. Hopefully, not too many undesirables will be placed in schools near the new house. :(

Where did this come from? You've just picked up a thread that hasn't had a contribution since 17 Mar 2009. It's 14 months old?

Not sure of your point.....The thread is titled "Tapton Yobs" not Tapton yobs and a specific date.