Heeley Bank School, 1950s

I too remember Paul Spencer, who lived just below me in Heeley Bank Road. I attended the school from 1948 to 1955.

I too was at Heeley Bank School from 1950 to 53 in the infants. We then moved further out to the then new estate at Base Green, Gleadless.

I can't remember any of the teachers but I do remember a friend called Paul Spencer and his sister who lived on Heeley Bank Road and attended the same school. Subsequently they moved to Cleethorpes.

I can also recall going to the outside toilets during lesson time and carrying on home ( we lived close by in Midhill Road ) only to be returned with short shrift by my Mum!

The building is still there , but currently boarded up - due for demolition?

I took a photo of it last Christmas just in case!

The reunion went down very well, we have located about half the class, still looking for the rest; Eileen Baggely, Jean Batty, David Beard, Brian Boulby, Lynn Bingham, Maureen Best, John Chapman, Janet Cocker, John Foster, Joyce Fox, Christopher Jacklin, Sylvia James, Brian Jones, Susan Jones, Stuart Knight, Judith Lane, Roy Marshall, Fred Ring, Barry Taylor, Hazel Thornhill, Avril Watson, Robert Winter. We hope to have another get together next year. Girls are difficult to locate due to change of name on marriage. All leads will be followed up.

QUOTE=Royston;8863733]Yes many of us remember Wuzzie, and if you could please let him know about the Heeley Bank school reunion mentioned a number of times on this thread it would be very much appreciated. I tried sometime ago to make contact with Robert but to no avail.

Can you please let him know both Harry Gilbert and Roy Rastrick have put this reunion - or meet up together, and hopefully we will see about 20 or so of his old 11+ class at the Kenwood. Thank you....if you would like to pm me please feel free to do so with Robert's coordinates.

I too remember Paul Spencer, who lived just below me in Heeley Bank Road. I attended the school from 1948 to 1955.

Thank you for the PM Gilly Jnr.

I'm pleased your memory is better than mine.

Echo

Went there 1956 to 1961. I can still remember my class mates although I no longer see any of them.

Michael Bradley, Robert Cocker, Roy Dickens, Barry Fletcher, Michael Hague, Andrew Ibbotson, Peter Latham, Richard Mason, John Ring, Andrew Sandham, Andrew Staniland, Paul Webster, Roger Welch, Brian Woolhouse. Girls were Susan Binney, Janet Brown, Elizabeth Clayton, Ann Connell, Gillian Grafton, Avril Hollis, Hilary Oates, Carol Parish, Linda Parkin, Marie Pitfield,  Susan Thorpe,  Lynne Travis,  Joan Westran. Sorry for any I've missed!

Teachers I remember - Mrs Jones, Miss Benn, Miss Wing, Mr Elks. Mr Guest, Mr Sowerby and the head was Mr Woods. Anyone remember?

Happy days!

Edited by AJS
Addition to list

I can tell you about Robert Winter -if anyone would like to know - he is my husband.