Bernard Road Traffic Lights

The good news is that the bridge on Bernard Road has reopened.

The bad news is that the queues from the lights down past the Mega Centre has meant the return of the arrogant pr***s that think the right hand lane is their own personal lane to bypass the queue and push in.

Tonight there was five cars in the right turn lane as I arrived, and only one of them actually turned right. Very infuriating.

I've seen many near misses at these lights due to this behaviour. None worse than just before Xmas 2007. I was first waiting at the lights when a young lady pushing a pram foolishly stepped out just as our lights were changing to green. Since the modus operandi of these aggressive drivers in the wrong lane is to prey on the careful drivers of others, some idiot driving in the outside lane saw my reluctance to move away as his chance and he put his foot down, simultaneously as the young lady recognised the lights were changing and she picked up her step. It is the closest I have actually ever come to witnessing somebody being killed as he missed the pushchair by no more than an inch.

Does anybody else get angry at the behavior of these drivers at this junction?

:rant:

Earlier today, grrrr.

There was only two of us in the left hand lane, but even this was two too many for the idiot in the lime green micra.

Driver in front was determined not to hang around, and this resulted in the idiot racing on the wrong side of the road for 200 yards. I dread to think what would have happened if a car came round the corner from the opposite direction.

T*****!!!!

there was an accident at this very junction last night.

Ford car in RHL cuts in at speed forcing car to slam on brakes which is then rammed from behind. the Ford that causes this just puts foot down and speeds off.

I'm guessing the driver of car with damage to the front is the one that is going to be blamed for insurance purposes, whilst the real culprit will likely get away with it. :(

the car model and reg number of the real culprit are known, what are the chances of making him pay for his actions?

I come through these lights at this junction every evening on my way home from work and the amount of times I see drivers in the RHL cutting in to the LHL is ridiculous . There is always a queue in the LHL and these berks just can't be bothered waiting. :mad:

I come through these lights at this junction every evening on my way home from work and the amount of times I see drivers in the RHL cutting in to the LHL is ridiculous . There is always a queue in the LHL and these berks just can't be bothered waiting. :mad:

Sometimes I notice more in the right hand lane trying to force their way ahead than actually turning right.

When I started this thread I was intending to write to "somebody" about how dangerous this junction is. Now I'm reminded of it, does anybody know who that "somebody" is?