Secondary Schools Admissions..Decision Day..

Apparentlty they were sent out in batches on Friday, hmm days later.......

Hi

You can download an appeal form online at SCC's site. Good luck!

Sarah

I have been trying since yesterday i did apply online but as of yet have received no email and when i try and access the page its saying invalid email even though its the right one i have tried to ring them constantly for 2 days now my daughter is desperate to find out which school she is going too i am so fed up

Try reading this and you'll be even more fed up

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/admissions/how-we-perform

an entire page telling us how marvellous they are, what they aim to do and how often they accomplish it. Wait till I finally get through to them! Within the School Pupils Admissions section there is a "tell us what you think" form. I will tell them what I think, ie. how unfair it is to leave children hanging on, getting really anxious because their friends have known for 2 days which school they're going to & they think there must be a problem.

I spoke to a guy on the general switchboard at the council today when I got fed up ringing the secondary school numbers for hours on end. He said they'd had "a lot of calls" from people who hadn't got their letters - I bet they have.

well i havent heard anything and i didnt bother putting any other choices as i had just moved into the area and only knew of 1 school, as you can imagine im bricking it incase he didnt get in and they have plonked him somewhere horrid..

How i wish i had my liccle 5lb4 baby boy again...im scared about secondary school..im scared about school in general, some very shady characters and thats just the parents x

well i havent heard anything and i didnt bother putting any other choices as i had just moved into the area and only knew of 1 school, as you can imagine im bricking it incase he didnt get in and they have plonked him somewhere horrid..

How i wish i had my liccle 5lb4 baby boy again...im scared about secondary school..im scared about school in general, some very shady characters and thats just the parents x

'How i wish i had my liccle 5lb4 baby boy again'

Ditto, but with my 6lb10 1/2 oz baby girl! :sad: I remember when i went to Secondary. All I worried about was i'd heard that girls had to wear BIG navy blue knickers for PE! I was mortified. Parents have enough worries these days without the added stress of their children not getting in the school of their choice. I feel so sorry for you all and wish you well with your appeals.

I opted for our catchment, which depending on who you speak to may be good or bad. However, I am of the opinion school enhances a childs learning and development, not leads it, so I'm not worried. He'll be fine and thrive wherever he is.

I don't remember all this when I started High School and that was only 15 years ago! We all went to our local one and that was pretty much that. I went to a "bad" school as well, and though it had it's problems I turned out OK, and I was a right nerd. It must be hard as a parent if you think your child is going to a bad school, but sometimes you just have to make the best of it.

I applied online but still not heard! panicing now cos only entered 1 choice for the school all my sons mates will goto that his also a feeder school to the secondary I want him to goto, but it was not the first choice for his catchment area...Hope that makes sense ! My point is I`m worried now that I may also have to goto appeal.

...Was yesterday.

And still we don't know. Postie has been today and nothing!:rant:

Tried ringing the hotline number but, as expected, it is permanently engaged.

Poor service.

Anybody else found out and if so how?

Now managed to find out. Apparently the letters were sent out on Friday. Maybe this thread title should be changed to 'Royal Mail Service in Sheffield...RUBBISH' but I think thats already been done to death.

Just got through on the phone, managed to get into our 2nd choice, All Saints, on the waiting list for Notre Dame

Although my son preferred All Saints cos he got to cut up a frog on the open night!

I sit on the Admissions Board, and we had about 30 or so cases to examine for oversubscribed schools, so I don't know where this "1 in 10" figure has come from.