Parson Cross - What's it like now?

I have a house on here but have been away from the area for a couple of years. Due to finances it's making sense for me to look at going back to live here instead of renting elsewhere. What's it like here at the moment? I have a flash car and this is my main worry.

A **** hole, gangs of kids causing chaos, drug dealing, ill repaired housing, your classic British council estate. Where abouts is your house?

A **** hole, gangs of kids causing chaos, drug dealing, ill repaired housing, your classic British council estate. Where abouts is your house?

House is not in the worst bit. Don't want to put my street name on forum for obvious reasons (have flash car oh and it will be on **** street) :D

It would only be temporary. 6 months to a year.

House is not in the worst bit. Don't want to put my street name on forum for obvious reasons (have flash car oh and it will be on **** street) :D

It would only be temporary. 6 months to a year.

Ok which roads are close? as there are some parts that aint too bad and some that are terrible.

well there are a few that are bad around. Lindsay Avenue is close and I'm aware that's like crime central.

well there are a few that are bad around. Lindsay Avenue is close and I'm aware that's like crime central.

Yeh that is bad round there, I live close to Parson X and travel through on a regular basis and often see gangs of kids. But its the same as any other area, if its a flash car I doubt it would get nicked due to it being harder to nick, but mindless vandalism is another problem(i.e jealousy).

I lived there before and never had any trouble. There's nothing to attract kids on my street and the majority of the houses are privately owned as there are lots of new builds on it. The car wouldn't be on the road. The only thing is, I wouldn't be happy to let my daughter out to go to the shop due to gangs of kids and also, kids in control of rottweilers etc.

I lived there before and never had any trouble. There's nothing to attract kids on my street and the majority of the houses are privately owned as there are lots of new builds on it. The car wouldn't be on the road. The only thing is, I wouldn't be happy to let my daughter out to go to the shop due to gangs of kids and also, kids in control of rottweilers etc.

If your not near shops or parks you will be fine, but your right about the kids round shops, nothing has changed.

Backs onto Parsons Cross Park. They used to set fire to the shrubbery around the courts. Never caused me a problem though as my back garden is very secure and not near where they were. Plus I had 2 big dogs when I was there.

See I move to S5 and everyone wants to come back :hihi:

:hihi: I'm trying to leave S5 :D

It depends, i've heard places around Lindsay Avenue/Deerlands are still bad but that's only hear-say. I think you'd have to maybe ask your neighbours if you decide to go back, surely they'd tell you what it's been like?

It has lovely decorations-tons of litter. Councils waiting for the March gales to blow it all away (into everybodies gardens).