Lancaster Bomber over Lodge Moor

Did anyone else see the Lancaster flying over Lodge Moor this afternoon. It flew right over my house, quite low as well, once at 13:30 and again at 14:00. Does anyone know if there was a flyover anywhere, maybe down at Ladybower ?

It was Owdlad,

Playing with his toy.

Normal people buy flash cars to impress. :heyhey:

Originally posted by Bourne

Came quite low over Burbage where I was walking and I got this:

http://www.kinder.plus.com/images/Lancaster.jpg

B

Nice one. By the time I found my camera it was just a dot in the sky.

Something weird and maybe to do with my upbringing, or childhood reading, but I have total respect for the Lancaster and those who had to fly in them as young men.

Every time I see one flying I feel some kind of passion within myself.

I also believe that the 'bouncing bomb' story is something for everyone to be taught.

Draw different conclusions as you feel, but try and understand what people were trying to achieve at that time.

Damn, I would have loved to have seen it. A rare treat.

It flew right over my house today but by the time I got my camera it had gone. I thought that the last time it went over there would be no more as they were not able to fly anymore.

It was pure chance when, a few years ago, I took my brother and kids (visiting from London) up to Ladybower and while we were at the dam carpark a Lancaster flew down the valley.

Classic!

For anyone that is particularly interested, it would have been the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. They do a lot of events throughout the year. Some information about them is available on their web site http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/bbmfhome.html.

Unfortunately the dates for the year haven't been put onto the web site at present.

Thanks for the link!

I will keep a close eye on the dates for the memorial flight, my dad is so interested in the lancaster (and the spitfire and many others!!)

My brother treated him to a trip in Just Jane (located at East Kirby) for his 60th birthday. A day he will always remember. :thumbsup:

I took my boys to see Just Jane only the other week and they were really interested. I didn't realise how large these planes actually are. Even though i am not old enough to remember the war and the great deeds all the people of this era did for us, the feeling of nostalgia and gratitude you feel when you see these great planes is very over whelming!

Once again thank-you:) :)

We saw It whilst out at Loxley at the time (ish) you mention. Soon as I saw It I thought 'Lancaster'

Don't know how I new - must have built a model of it as a child:)

Nice to see, very distinctive.

Absolutely beautiful! although i didn't see it this time, they have flown over my house before, stunning aircraft.