Cat vs. Single Man Relationships

we get on great, but he doesnt understand me. When I say no, he continues to say "yes daddy". i often serve him chicken and premium cuts. he eats it, but never says thank you. i'm 31, he's 8 months.

i do enjoy his purring and simply love the way he pads and dribbles, we get on great! but i sense that there is something missing. i often pass comment on the television, either the news or some soap opera. in response i get "feed me again"; in a roundabout way! all he seems bothered about is food. but i do serve him.. and its good stuff too... IAMS!

cats are not boring, and are of great comfort, especially when he snuggles up to me in the dead of night, when you are least expecting it. it's great... but.... the human element of my life would indeed appear to be lacking. how much further cattish do i need to be? i am often aware that maybe i focus too much on my kitten and not on the human element of "human" relationships. maybe I am just lonely???

advice required asa, before i accuse myself of being simply, a cat loving mong.......

Edited by bigflesh

You know the answer to this, don't you?

Let him wander just a little bit too far from home (just for a few hours) and then make friends with all of the people who agree to help you look for him!

Then you'll be the 'caring and sweet guy who loves cats and is ever so slightly eccentric' which should be a real babe magnet.

One of my friends has two very cute and fluffy dogs (and a husband) and her hubby reckons he could pull regularly when he takes the dogs out because they're such a babe magnet, so maybe you need to extend your menagerie to take full advantage ;)

You know the answer to this, don't you?

Let him wander just a little bit too far from home (just for a few hours) and then make friends with all of the people who agree to help you look for him!

Then you'll be the 'caring and sweet guy who loves cats and is ever so slightly eccentric' which should be a real babe magnet.

One of my friends has two very cute and fluffy dogs (and a husband) and her hubby reckons he could pull regularly when he takes the dogs out because they're such a babe magnet, so maybe you need to extend your menagerie to take full advantage ;)

I really have no idea meds. 31 and cat in tow, good cook though... or at least i think i am. i guess its really a matter of perspective. my perspective's altered.

You need a single woman with a cat - it will provide the human element in your life and you will have another cat to play with as well. There must be thousands of cat women in Sheffield alone.

Isn't IAMS tested on animals?

Back on topic........

We have a cat and every whim is tended to by either me better half or my daughter. Now he is turning in to a right pansy.

Cats are feral animals and need a certain amount of roughness about them in my opinion.

Your kitten will soak up every bit of affection you lavish on him. He will then come to expect it. Not good when he could live for 15-20 years+. You just try explaining to your partner why you cant be close 'because of the cat' ;)

shoot the cat:hihi::hihi::banana::banana::hihi::hihi:

we get on great, but he doesnt understand me. When I say no, he continues to say "yes daddy". i often serve him chicken and premium cuts. he eats it, but never says thank you. i'm 31, he's 8 months.

i do enjoy his purring and simply love the way he pads and dribbles, we get on great! but i sense that there is something missing. i often pass comment on the television, either the news or some soap opera. in response i get "feed me again"; in a roundabout way! all he seems bothered about is food. but i do serve him.. and its good stuff too... IAMS!

cats are not boring, and are of great comfort, especially when he snuggles up to me in the dead of night, when you are least expecting it. it's great... but.... the human element of my life would indeed appear to be lacking. how much further cattish do i need to be? i am often aware that maybe i focus too much on my kitten and not on the human element of "human" relationships. maybe I am just lonely???

advice required asa, before i accuse myself of being simply, a cat loving mong.......

I also like abit of pussy myself :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Isn't IAMS tested on animals?

Indeed. There are a number of campaigns against them such as this one based in Sheffield

Hairy creatures that smell, they want feeding all the time and worst of all they poo all the time (single men).

Stick with the cat, much easier

There must be thousands of cat women in Sheffield alone.

Why did I get a vision of the mad cat lady from the Simpsons when I read this? :hihi: