Lapatnicks and Patnicks in Sheffield from 1890

Looking in the deaths index there is no entry for a Sarah Lapatnick. I checked a number of variations in the surname etc. but nothing came up. Also, I cannot find another marriage entry for Hyman, so I'm afraid this remains a mystery.  But it seems clear that the Sarah mentioned in the 1911 census return was the one who married Hyman in Sheffield in 1895, her maiden name was Lapatnick and she was the mother of Minnie.

Reading this interesting thread reminded me that whenever my parents where looking to buy anything they would always say " Patnicks will have one" It was a sort of mantra.

We lived in Barber road and my grandparents in Hillsborough.

45 minutes ago, Mags said:

Reading this interesting thread reminded me that whenever my parents where looking to buy anything they would always say " Patnicks will have one" It was a sort of mantra...

Yes, I grew up in Hillsborough and remember hearing the phrase "Patnicks will have one" (and it was often true!) Here is a link to a photo of the Langsett Road shop in the book "A Hillsborough Camera" by the late Jack Wrigley. https://i.postimg.cc/qM8VqGm3/Patnick.jpg