Babies movements at 33 weeks

I'm currently 33wk pregnant and the last 2 days i haven't really felt bambino move :confused:

Usually it isn't very active at all during the day but at night when I lay down (on my side) that's when it kicks really quite hard until I move onto my back. It's usually the same first thing in the morning too when I wake up, but as I say these last 2 days even when I've puropsefully laid right over on my side i've felt no movements. I've had very light slight movements (similar to the movements you feel about 16wks when your unsure if it is the baby or not) and I'm starting to worry a little.

I know people say that the movements get less as the pregnancy progresses as there's less move for the LO to move etc but it's just strange that it's gone from really powerfull kicks to very slight fluttering over night!

I'm not sure wether to phone midwife or not.

phone the midwife

It may be nothing to worry about, but its best to get 'bump' checked out

good luck

I would definitely phone the midwife or even triage at Jessops. They say you should feel at least 10 movements a day. When I hadn't felt my son move for a day I rang Jessops. I was told to go straight in and they hooked me up to listen to heartbeat etc. It's better to be safe than sorry. You can at least ring Jessops and just see what they say.

Good luck.

i agree. probably nothing but always better safe than sorry. i went in twice in my last pregnancy and was monitored, they never make you feel like you're wasting time either. all turned out ok but ive heard one too many stories of people thinking nothing of it when they hadn't felt baby and all wasn't ok.

One of my girls was constantly facing my back and the placenta at one side of my body and I very rarely felt her, so they can move into more difficult positions at times.

One tip I learned was to drink so really cold orange juice or similar, cold for the effect once it's inside you and it should make the baby uncomfortable enough to move and the sugar for the boost it will give them and might give them a wriggle.

If that doesn't work and you are worried then I'd echo what everyone else said, get checked out.

Did you go to Jessops jellybellybean and have your baby checked, i am sure your baby will be havin a lazy day, it is sunday a day of rest,lol i really hope everything is ok

Hi everyone, I did go to Jessops and they put me on the heart monitor for 40mins but MW was still a little concerned as there were still no movements! In the end they sent me on to the feto maternal ward to see a consultant who did a scan, it turns out i've got a high level of water in my uterus, normal is between 10 and 20 and i'm 18.6, so she thought that the amount of water plus the fact that the baby was laid deep in my back facing the placenta meant that I couldn't feel any movements.

It did a big yawn on the scan, which has strengthened my thoughts that i'm having a boy! haha!

Just read this thread and that's great news. Now get scrubbing the floor and move that baby into your belly away from your back!

Glad to hear that you got to Jessops and that all is ok. They are really good there aren't they. I was hooked upto that heart monitor for over 2 hours when I was pregnant as my little boy's heart was racing and they found it irregular. I then got taken off got told to go for a walk and come back in half an hour when he'd calmed down! I had to go back on then until his heart rate had calmed. The midwife said to me, "I've got a feeling this one's never going to stop once he's born". She was right!

I hope the high level of water doesn't cause any problems for you. If it's still within normal range then I guess that's a good thing.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a healthy and happy time.

I'm so relieved all is okay. :)

I hope the rest of the pregnancy is safe and uneventful. xx