February Photography Competition: Vote here

Which do you think is the best photograph of 'Love'?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the best photograph of 'Love'?

• DSC_0204jh (Down in the flood)
    • IMG_0159 (i love you x)
    • Skippy
    • Hearty Hands
    • IMG_2266 (Paternal Love)
    • love (Love is sharing a bath)
    • LovingSheep
    • Yo_Babe (Here's one for your album...)
    • romance

3rd place was me - thanks for the votes everyone.

Not sure what you're saying about the size though imp, as I thought the comp rules said that the photos were automatically resized when they were uploaded? Which is why I didn't bother!

Anyway, no harm done. thanks again to those who voted. Looking forward to this month's comp.

Hearty Hands got my vote, should have been a winner in my humble opinion, either way congratulations for coming third :-)

Down In The Flood was me. Yes i am guilty of not resizing...

thanks everyone.

Yes, Bad_Hair_Day, you're right that the gallery resizes images, but personally I wouldn't trust it to resize and produce the sort of results I could get thru resizing and then sharpening again in Photoshop.

But as you say, no harm done. And congrats on the placing. I must admit I thought your image had come from a library - looks just like the sort of stuff you can donwload from istockphoto. Maybe you ought to post some of your images to a library - might be a nice little earner!

hmmmm - not thought of doing that Imp. I'm still very hit and miss with my pics so maybe when I've improved a bit more.

I've just got April's issue of Photography Monthly which happens to have an article on resizing pics so I'll try that out next time I enter the comp.

cheers for your comments!

Edited by Bad_Hair_Day

Oops... the gallery is set up to resize to 650px by 650px. My bad!

Can we run this competition again - my 5Dmk2 arrives today, and I'll be taking a photo of it - not going to use it mind, but doesn't the thought of a fab new camera stimulate the senses with a heady endorphin filled feeling of euphoria, just like being in love!