Where can I tax my car today?

just been to tax my car but post office was closed does anyone know where i could tax my car today

not sure what time it stays open until but the post office in the spar in woodseats?

i don't think you can get it taxed anywhere else but a post office

you could try doing it online, but i dont know if you have left it too late to do that.

Edited by andyofborg

oh dear, there will soon be the you should have nade sure you did it earlier brigade on soon, demanding your car be towed away tomorrow lol

You can do it at the Attercliffe branch as they don't close until 5pm. I believe you can at Fulwood as well?

I also think you can do it online and you're cover even though you haven't got the physical disc yet?

edit:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/BeforeyouapplyD/DG_10034732

"If you prefer to tax in the last few days of the month, there is now an exemption from the offence of not displaying a tax disc. This exemption covers the first five working days of the month and allows time for the new disc to arrive in the post."

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/BeforeyouapplyD/DG_10034732[/url]

"If you prefer to tax in the last few days of the month, there is now an exemption from the offence of not displaying a tax disc. This exemption covers the first five working days of the month and allows time for the new disc to arrive in the post."

Yes this is true you'll be covered immediatly.

thanks for all the replys the reason i left it until today as i work during the week & i checked opening times of post offices & it says on the website that woodhouse is open until 5:30 so thats where i went & found out it closed at 12:30 so just been on phone to post office enquirys & complained.

thanks for all the replys the reason i left it until today as i work during the week & i checked opening times of post offices & it says on the website that woodhouse is open until 5:30 so thats where i went & found out it closed at 12:30 so just been on phone to post office enquirys & complained.

but more importantly have you ordered your tax disc? :D