Manchester apollo whats it like ?

ive a chance of tickets for a concert at the manchester apollo in july whats the view like from the circle as i dont wanna pay for the ticket to discover im in a bad viewing area:help:

the apollo is an old theatre minus the seating, except for the circle. depending on who you're seeing, chances are you'll be standing in front of your seat anyway.

the circle has a great view, even if you're right at the back. which is because the apollo is a properly built theatre thast looks and sounds great wherever you are in the place.

if only sheffield had as good a venue!

excellent gig venue

went to see janes addiction there and it was fantastic

Originally posted by panda79

ive a chance of tickets for a concert at the manchester apollo in july whats the view like from the circle as i dont wanna pay for the ticket to discover im in a bad viewing area:help:

You should be fine, I've sat all over the Apollo for loads of things and the view is great no matter where you are.

Yep great place, old traditional theatre with seats taken out in the stalls. Couple of good traditional pubs next door.

Saw David Gray there.

Disagree about Sheffield not having a great venue, City Hall is better and will be even better when it reopens.

I've always gone in the standing area downstairs at the Apollo but it's a pretty good venue for concerts. Fairly small and intimate. Just don't look at the ceiling for too long: the weird pattern can make your eyes go funny!

I've seen a few bands there and never been disappointed with the venue. I do prefer the smaller places though.

It used to be my local concert venue, saw many gigs there...Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Ozzy Osbourne, Suzanne Vega, and many many more. If you're used to arena gigs then this place will seem nice and cozy.

I went to see the Communards there when I was about 13. I couldn't tell you about the venue though, I was too wrapped up with Jimi Summerville and co. I remembered it to be much the same as the City Hall (ie: crap).

But, on the positive side, I managed to hold up a full coach of about 50 people while I went and got his autograph and a kiss. Still have the programme now!

:blush: :blush: :blush: