Worst / Most Annoying Television Advert?

Originally posted by jackthedog

Womans sanity towel?

Yes, it's from the makers of Tampons. Basically when a woman feels slightly insanse, she sticks this new towel across her forehead and everything becomes clear and relaxed again.

I guess you must have missed the ad for that one Jack ;)

Errr, strangely this advert and product exists, I can't remember the name of the product, but the ad has me shouting at the screen "what the heck's wrong with a cold flannel?"

Come on, help me out - what's it called?

Deffo has to be the chinese kid on the bog ,holding nose and sniffing yuueeecchh

oh and anything with whiney Linda Barker

I can't stand the "hello moto" ad you get when films are on. :x

Best ad at moment is the Mini ad where the naked couple in the car slap the naked pedestrian around the head with a fish! Excellent! :lol:

Originally posted by claycraft

The all singing, all dancing, Switch/Maestro Penguins!

GIMMIE THE GUN NOW ! ! !

:evil: :evil:

But at least you remember the ad, so it works!

Maybe the bad ad's are the one's we remember so much... that the campaigns are actually good!

It's not just TV ads that annoy me!

I was listening to the radio this morning and the window and door ads really get me going, that's why I try to listen to radio2 as much as I can:thumbsup:

I agree with the guy on the first page who singled out the solicitors add where the bloke is hooked up to a polygraph machine and the sour-faced woman harranges him with daft questions about a hypothetical claim for compensation.

I may be anal, but for one thing I'm sure that a polygraph machine would read something even when you're not fibbing as I understood that it monitored heart-rate, pulse, etc. To have a flat line as the add suggests the man would have to be dead or not hooked up to it.

Secondly, the fact that the guy gets up from the desk, walks to the door and then sarcasticly comments that the male interviewer has a nice tie results in a spazmodic reaction which I assume is supposed to indicate that he's lying for the first time...but he's not even hooked up to the machine any more!!!

The Yakult 'friendly bacteria' ad with the dork-ish bacteria obsessed bloke (just look at his eyes - barking) :D

And the 'Quote me happy' insurance ad (have to turn the volume off, put my fingers in my ears and go 'lah lah lah lah I'm not listening...

:D:P

Them loan and insurance ads on Sky...

Purple Loans, Loan Direct, Lombard Direct, Esure, its sister company, and the others... On and on and on...