Phobia of Collarbones!

I’m always amazed when people find posts from over ten years ago... searching for collarbones? 

If you believe answers.com, this is called Clavicaphobia.

I have the same problem but I don't know that if I can call it a phobia.I also feel uncomfortable when my collar bone is touched by my clothes, most of the time I keep holding my cloth away from collar bone or wear something that doesn't touches my collar bone and seeing someone's collar bone getting touched by it gives me goosebumps as I am writing this just remembering such stuff about collar bone is giving me goosebumps. I thought I was just making my mind think it was weird and if I ignore it it'll not bother me but that didn't help.

I can relate with you.

Edited by Ritz

I’m scared of getting anything touched by a policeman/woman 😳

Maybe it's because most of the bones of the body are rarely visible, the collarbone is the exception. It's prominent and visually 3 dimensional to the point where you can physically get hold of it, and it feels like a bone. Does it perhaps remind people of skeletons and death? 

When my daughter was about 3 asking questions about bones she was terrified to find out we all had a skeleton inside. She also asked grandma "what are the lines in your legs?". Reply "veins". She was terrified to think her gran had "brains" in her legs.