Managers coming to visit you when off sick

Depends on you sick procedure and how long you have worked there, but your contract is a 2 way deal, if you don't turn up should they pay you?

You're lucky- my boss didn't even send me a get well soon card when I was diagnosed with cancer!

But seriously, I'd make sure that you get advice and possibly have a representative there too.

It's good management practice to keep in touch with employees when off sick, and arrange meetings either at the workplace or at your home. It does seem a bit soon after only a week though :confused:

Hide all the staplers and pencils that have accidentally fallen in your pockets.

Its all down to your company's sickness procedure. Many employers (mine do) carry out home/welfare visits of their staff. My current employer does this every four weeks without fail. It doesn't have to be in your own home, but can be a local cafe or even you can go into work etc.

Fairly common now so nothing to worry about.

Hide all the staplers and pencils that have accidentally fallen in your pockets.

:hihi:but be careful they may have another agenda even though you have been signed off!

I would contact Citizens Advice. This happened to me but as far as I know they cannot force a visit on you - if they want to see you suggest you going into work.

I'd be a bit careful:suspect:

Id read your contract

at my employment they only do it if you have been off 5weeks

Why all the advice on how to avoid it, what do people think is likely to happen? Dropped in a burlap sack and carried back to work?

My manager can call and see me anytime he wants should i phone in sick, simply because that if i phone in sick - i am sick!

All i would ask is that he brings with him a sympathy bottle of Jack Daniels and some ciggys.

Whilst i was on long term sick, i was contacted via a letter asking me to attend a meeting from my Manager, the venue and time of my choice, all i had to do was call him an discuss times and venue.

I met up with him in a quite pub, then a month or so later i received another letter for a further meeting, this time on the premises of my work place along with a team leader present.

I was told it was all for my wellbeing, basically covering their backs.

I'd have a read of your contract if you have a copy at home... (I do believe they have to give you notice and you have to agree to it)