Sheffield Genealogy, Family & Social History finding the info

bildeborg,

My surname is KAY,who are you looking for?

Hi Floridablade, My husbands maternal family name was Kay from around the Ecclesall Rd. area and Heeley. Do you have any names ?. I have the record of a 1872 marriage and a 1896 marriage etc.

Cheers, Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.

Wanted to bring this on to todays date so that I may receive a reply from

FLORIDABLADE.

Cynthia.

I have recently been using the Free Yasni Search website and have found a few items on there that were useful in my search for 'lost' rellies.

The latest was an old peoples home site which not only gave details of my ancestor but a photograph also, which was excellent.

If anybody wants to use the site it is at http://www.yasni.co.uk

I must warn users that it does give out loads of stuff and you have to be prepared to wade through a load of stuff not relevant but if you are keen and willing to persevere the results can be excellent, bear in mind it is free.

Good Hunting!

PopT

Hi.......ive just joined this group and would be interested in hearing from anyone researching the following names....BOLTON, DENNIS, ROLAND, TRICKETT, BUCKLEY, ADDY, ASHFORTH, KAY, DENTON, BEAL AND PROCTOR. These are all from the Sheffield area.

cheers from a cold and windy Cornwall.

My surname is Kay, my father was Douglas Victor Ely KAY and was a scythe grinder at Abbeydale and then Little London works.

Hello Cynthia, I can give you my fathers name and an uncle, I have posted my fathers name my uncle was George. I was born at Meadowhead then moved to Southey Hall Drive, then to Millmount Rd the to Priory Terr.

I use both recordsonline & SheffieldIndexers websites even helping the latter transcribing City Road records, Personally I dont care how either came about i'm just very glad that they did as both have been a wealth of information. to both sites and many others out there that give there time to give us this free info, keep up the excellent work and MANY MANY THANKS

Hi

My grandmother, Lucy Evans, was previously married to a Richard Addy by whom she had three children. She was living in Furnace Hill in 1901.

Hello Cynthia, I can give you my fathers name and an uncle, I have posted my fathers name my uncle was George. I was born at Meadowhead then moved to Southey Hall Drive, then to Millmount Rd the to Priory Terr.

My husbands Grandfather was Maurice Kay born 1874

Brother William " 1877

Sister Rose Ann " 1880

Children of William Bn.1852

and Ann Bn. ?

I am sure that there must have been more children. I could only find the above on the 1881 census, as Rose Ann was born 1880.

Thanks for your reply. Cynthia.

I'm trying to find Anne Dewsnap. (not sure about the 'e' on the end off Anne!) My Mom told me to send her a message. I'm only 42 years old and I have to do what my mom tells me. Only kidding, if Ms Dewsnap is around I'd love to hear from her! Pm me.

Thanks.