Under occupied council house

why have a go at me, its only my opinion. its not as if i have any influence over council housing lol

the op is not talking about older people whos children hve left home etc. this is a young single woman in her 20s who feels she should have priority over a family because she doesnt claim benefits and has decorated the house. i haven't read any points which make me see why she should be allowed to stay so far, but its not for me to decide.

The reason i put that she pays full rent is a valid point, because, if she was on benefit then i see the argument, because the benefit paid for having a flat would be i assume lower than for a 2 bed house.

PS EMM im not havin a go at you, just debating

With so many Eastern European immigrants living in cramped conditions as was reported in The Star recently. I can see why the council will not allow under occupancy of it's properties.

Tough why should that affect anything?

why have a go at me, its only my opinion. its not as if i have any influence over council housing lol

the op is not talking about older people whos children hve left home etc. this is a young single woman in her 20s who feels she should have priority over a family because she doesnt claim benefits and has decorated the house. i haven't read any points which make me see why she should be allowed to stay so far, but its not for me to decide.

you were the one that said kick them out!

why should someone have a council house, something goes wrong relationship wise and be kicked out, esp if the have brought the house to a better standard, or even if not..

i understand your point, but its not simple, and to those with a roof over there head, who would want to spend good money, making a nice home, if it could be taken away so simple...i know i wouldnt

They are like rocking horse poop. I couldnt get one with 3 kids.

I got offered one when I was pregnant with my second child but had to turn it down and then accept a two bed as my partner who has suffered a accident at work wouldn't have been able to manage the steps up to it with a pram etc.

No it's not silly, imagine a elderly couple who have brought up thier kids, they all left home, then one passes away, would that mean the one remaining resident would have to move after years of living there? I dont think thats fair, even if there is a financial incentive.

My mother in law is like this, I know shes been asked if she'd like to move to a bungalow or a flat, which she considered, but said no as shes brought her family up there and all her memories of her late husband is with the house. Plus at her age she doesn't want all the hassle and cost of moving. They aren't forcing her.

i'd be happy to move into a flat once my kids have left home. i'd accept thats what would happen when you can't afford to buy your own home. obviously it wouldnt be a good situation to be in and id be sad to see someone else in m y house that i'd lived in for a long time. but if i've put myself in the situation where i'm grown up and cant afford a house then that'd be my fault, id be glad they were offering me an alternative.

i think if the alternative is not in good condition etc then there should be some compensation to get it up to standard as the house she was leaving but having known people on the waiting list and seeing how people have to live for years while they wait i'd now what the house means to someone else.

ok, whats the policy on getting a 3 bedroomed house? can a couple have one, or must they have 1 or even 2 kids?

2 0r more kids for a 3 bedroomed... never heard houses being given to familyles couples for about 10 yrs or summat.... but i wunt move out if it was my house they were trying to take back....its their daft fault for giving it in the first place.

i'd be happy to move into a flat once my kids have left home. i'd accept thats what would happen when you can't afford to buy your own home. obviously it wouldnt be a good situation to be in and id be sad to see someone else in m y house that i'd lived in for a long time. but if i've put myself in the situation where i'm grown up and cant afford a house then that'd be my fault, id be glad they were offering me an alternative.

i think if the alternative is not in good condition etc then there should be some compensation to get it up to standard as the house she was leaving but having known people on the waiting list and seeing how people have to live for years while they wait i'd now what the house means to someone else.

Well you might as well say, if you can't afford to buy your kids a house in the future, please start takin the pill. lol

I think maybe you should be given an option of moving because maybe it would benefit you rent and size wise etc if say your a couple who's family has moved on but under no circumstances should you be forced out

Apparantly I just heard the council housing rep or whatever it is, has made an appointment to see her next tuesday at her home, i will post what is said.

Yeah keep us updated Bruno

They are like rocking horse poop. I couldnt get one with 3 kids.

But yet my Nan lived in one for many years on her own, what a waste of resources, I think the scheme sounds like a great idea. :thumbsup: