Riot police at Sheffield Park Academy.

Just read the front page of the star, that riot police have been called to Sheffield Park Accadamy.

Why doesnt This suprise me :suspect:

Last month i took my 2 kids out of that school,because of all the fighting ,threats and bullying.

The teachers & heads of year just dont care,they fobbed us of so many times wth lip service,in the end we made their job easyier and relocated them to another school out of the area.

Anyone else had problems there ?

no surprise since the teachers now have no powers to punish kids in school

Kids should be taught how to behave at home.

Really sad! Both been treated with broken nose etc! Sad things went this far!

Reading the comments on the Star, how sad that people on there 'if they are white would it have been deemed racist' crap.

So why aren't riot police being called to every school in the country?

So why aren't riot police being called to every school in the country?

Because they'e busy cutting the number of police officers (source the times 24/02/09)

I think its good the police are taking this seriously. Racist attacks are all too common these days and the people involved in this once should have the law make an example of them. Maybe then people will understand its not acceptable to beat someone to a pulp just because of the colour of their skin.

Because they'e busy cutting the number of police officers (source the times 24/02/09)

But the cuts which are, according to The Times, planned by police forces haven't happened yet whilst the abolition of corporal punishment in schools (which has often been claimed to be the cause of poor discipline in schools) happened in 1986 so I'll ask the question again: why aren't riot police being called to every school in the country?

Riot police aren't called to schools very often and when I have heard of cases of large-scale disorder in schools it has been in schools in particularly rough areas.

But the cuts which are, according to The Times, planned by police forces haven't happened yet whilst the abolition of corporal punishment in schools (which has often been claimed to be the cause of poor discipline in schools) happened in 1986 so I'll ask the question again: why aren't riot police being called to every school in the country?

Riot police aren't called to schools very often and when I have heard of cases of large-scale disorder in schools it has been in schools in particularly rough areas.

the cuts, have been happening year on year for the past 3/4 years, all to do with budget constraints.

As for calling riot police in to all schools i'm certain there would be uproar with all the usuall do-gooders/tree huggers claiming civil rights infringement, suing the schools and police forces because our "tarquin" can't sleep at night for fear of living in an oppressed state,