Sheffield Tigers Speedway

what are your predictions for the forthcoming season? i reckon its make or break time for cooper & parsons theyve had more than enough time to settle in & theyre not producing on a consistent basis. i can understand why machin has kept them for another season with their averages & loyalty but theyve really gotta step up a gear this season or the fans will turn on them like they did with ben wilson. theres no room for complacency now. the leagues getting stronger year on year so over to you tigers! good luck for the season!

Edited by mh01

great to see another speedway fan on here.

I think we are in for a very good season and have the potential to win back some silverware.

1. Ricky Ashworth - his dream in becoming captain has now being realised and when he has had the role before his performances were first class so this season i reckon Ricky will step up and lead by example.

2. Joel Parsons - Joel i know is determined to make his mark this season and push for a heatleader spot, he just needs to be more consistent and he will achieve his goal.

3. Richard Hall - one of my favourites and was gutted he got dropped other year but he is back and will push Ricky hard all year for that number one spot.

4. Paul Cooper - same as Joel and will be aiming for a heatleader spot, Cooper is a fans favourite but still needs to put in a great season and get the average he is capable of !

5. Richie Hawkins - returning from injury and returning back to Sheffield, Hawkins is more than capable of landing a heatleader spot and he will be determined to make up for lost time.

6. Josh Auty - took a bit of a step back last season with Redcar, but returns to Sheffield and this will no doubt reignite his career !

7. Chris Mills - This is a massive signing and the one that i think has given us a chance of winning back the Premier League, Mills is more than capable of pushing for a spot in the main body of team like Auty !

Overall our strength in depth is vital and will give us a serious chance this season but it will be tough as there are at least 6 teams i think who are capable of winning the league.

First meeting is this sunday at 6pm, it is the 80th anniversary of Sheffield Speedway and also the meeting is in memory of Darren and Sharon Boocock who died in a road accident last year.

Wish I could be so optimistic all I will say on paper yes they should win the league.

Ashworth- not performed to his potential yet and I can't see him changing.

Parsons- too hit and miss

Auty- got to get rid of his attitude

Paul Cooper - Nice guy got to do more in being professional with his machinery turns up with it scruffy.

Chris Mills - unknown other than he once had an atitude with the Sheffield fans on the first bend (has he got a red mist)

Richard Hall- Is he on the down hill slope after the elite

Ritchie Hawkins- Would like to see him do well.

Or do poor

Will be better at reserve no doubt, however i think it looks poorest sheffield team since mid 90s. It all went wrong when the 'big last signing' hynek stichaeur couldnt commit to all the matches blowing it out the window, so they had to sign a bit of a desperate signing in ritchie hawkins. Probably finish mid table again if im honest, too many way too inconsistant, injury prone riders in 1 team.

not a desperate signing at all, much better than that hynek would have been without doubt !

not a desperate signing at all' date=' much better than that hynek would have been without doubt ![/quote']

Hmm not sure on that never seen him ride in uk. Dont think the starting 7 will be the 7 that finish imo. Entertainment wise they should be good, results wise, very inconsitant. Looking at the teams in pl the best all round imo is edinburgh again. Solid and riders for all tracks. Rajokowski at reserve is good for them.

i quite fancy workington aswel as edinburgh best wishes to roynan 4 a speedy recovery by the way

i quite fancy workington aswel as edinburgh best wishes to roynan 4 a speedy recovery by the way

Yeah terrible whats happened to him. Good top 3 for worky however the opposite to sheffield, poor bottom end will cost them. Still say edinburgh look the best with a good balance, jonansson if he comits more to uk will probably be top dog in this years pl.

Yeah terrible whats happened to him. Good top 3 for worky however the opposite to sheffield, poor bottom end will cost them. Still say edinburgh look the best with a good balance, jonansson if he comits more to uk will probably be top dog in this years pl.
i said in the op the leagues gettin stronger year on year, with sheffields resources we should really be there or there abouts every year we really should step upto the plate every year & make a name for ourselves, all this depends on injuries of course . im still with machin when it comes to staying in the premier league cos unless sky change from there monday night live slot then sheffield wont get the benefit that other elite teams would which is a shame cos sheffield is in the top 5 in the country when it comes to providing a great spectacle,product & promotion of the sport etc

i said in the op the leagues gettin stronger year on year, with sheffields resources we should really be there or there abouts every year we really should step upto the plate every year & make a name for ourselves, all this depends on injuries of course . im still with machin when it comes to staying in the premier league cos unless sky change from there monday night live slot then sheffield wont get the benefit that other elite teams would which is a shame cos sheffield is in the top 5 in the country when it comes to providing a great spectacle,product & promotion of the sport etc

Stadium is one of the best tbh, if the top league was in better state they should be there imo. Sheffield have never been the same since sean wilson left, they dont have that clout about them they had when he was there, a good captain and leader. Bring back roman matousek i say, the riders today dont even scrape the surface him and shawn moran was at owlerton:thumbsup::cool:

Stadium is one of the best tbh, if the top league was in better state they should be there imo. Sheffield have never been the same since sean wilson left, they dont have that clout about them they had when he was there, a good captain and leader. Bring back roman matousek i say, the riders today dont even scrape the surface him and shawn moran was at owlerton:thumbsup::cool:
yeah good riders in there time, the only 3 we have that may come near them for entertainment are ashworth,hall & cooper when they are on form & in the mood they are excellent to watch