Abandoned house Granville Road

Heard the usual rumours, it was going to be a pub, mosque, indian rest, but nothing ever happened.

It as been like this for nearly 15 years, i used to walk past it to school eveyday

Talking of semi derelict houses, I pass this regularly, its occupied but looks in a bit of a state. The garden is huge. Its on Rundle Road in Nether Edge. Anyone know the history?

Google map link

Link: <http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sheffield&sll=52.926592,0.497051&sspn=0.000665,0.003683&ie=UTF8&ll=53.363531,-1.48637&spn=0.000895,0.002663&t=h&z=19>

"

Talking of semi derelict houses, I pass this regularly, its occupied but looks in a bit of a state. The garden is huge. Its on Rundle Road in Nether Edge. Anyone know the history?

"

My friends tried to squat it a few years ago and some guy came out with a baseball bat and was very nearly succesfull in smashing both their heads in.

They had apparently knocked on the door once a day for 2 weeks before they tried to squat it.

I reckon it's some mad genius living on his own. Maybe in an Edward Scissorhands type senario.

Is This the one you mean?

I was over there last week and wondered what this property was doing empty. It is a pity to see a fine property going to waste.

I saw this property when I parked on Granville to attend a hair appointment at Castle College at the beginning of the month.

With the layout of the grounds and stuff, I wondered whether it'd been a school at some point. I'd love to live in a property like that!

Not bloody surprised!

So if your mates knocked on my door every day for 2 weeks and didn't get a reply would they try to squat?

The fact I might have gone away for 2 weeks would be of no issue to them!

I have seen the guy sitting outside in the summer so its not empty.

There was a thread about the place a few years ago. There's been quite a few threads on the Rundle Road house.

I parked outside this house today go past it everyday never see anyone there until today and there was some garden clearance being done maybe they are finally going to do something with it

there were a few guys in the garden a few months back, still no progress though

It used to be a Cornhill Insurance building.

Yes it was as one of my mates used to work there until about 1994 when they all got transferred to Leeds, Nottingham or redundant. So it has been empty since then.

Google map link

Link: <http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sheffield&sll=52.926592,0.497051&sspn=0.000665,0.003683&ie=UTF8&ll=53.363531,-1.48637&spn=0.000895,0.002663&t=h&z=19>

I used to live opposite the big house, it's a bloke called George who lives there with his dog. He used to live with his mother too but she sadly passed away. He only lives in one area of the house but doesn't want to sell it as it has been with his family for a long time. He's not mad at all.