Zimbabwean Farms Still Being Seized

I was there last year and I saw the sick and the dying but on this thread Im not entittled to my view so I won`t even bother now

The 'whites' never owned this country but just nurtured it so that it became the most self-sufficient trading countries on the continent.

'Nurturing' implies some benovolent intent, whites went to Africa to make money and get rich. No problem with that, but they certainly weren't there for charitable reasons.

Zimbabwe – part of Rhodesia until 1910; then known as Southern Rhodesia until a year before it declared independence in 1965; known as Rhodesia until 1979, then became Zimbabwe-Rhodesia until it assumed the current name in 1980

Oh I see you can us Wiki. Very good. But still nothing at all to do with RSA.

oh and we had many friends who had their farms burnt to the ground. they loved that country with all their hearts and had been born there themselves. what use is a deserted farm and ruined crops to the starving? I can understand anyone wanting what they are entitled to, but why just pillage and destroy and then move on? i cant think why families havent been allowed to move into the farms and make a living for themselves. as least the farm wouldn't have entirely been wasted.

'Nurturing' implies some benovolent intent, whites went to Africa to make money and get rich. No problem with that, but they certainly weren't there for charitable reasons.

That may well be true. Cecil Rhodes was not the most benevolent of chaps. However we shouldn't get distracted from the topic of the thread. Mugabe is still at it despite the coalition. I think that is goodbye to any aid package.

boyfriday, when were you last in Zimbabwe?

Yes you are entitled to your opinion summertimeuk but you just cannot see what was wrong with what you said can you? re-read your own posts and have a think about it.

Zimbabwe was known as the bread basket of Africa, now look at the place. Cholera, starvation, rampant inflation and lawlessness. The white farmers grew crops but the new land owners do nothing except destroy

boyfriday, when were you last in Zimbabwe?

I'm guessing you weren't there at the same time as Cecil Rhodes was industrialising it?

I see boyfriday is playing the other side of the fence now he was slagging me of earlier lol now I wont even reply anymore

Other side of the fence?? I think you're earlier contribution was way over the top.

How blacks may have been treated under the old regime, most certainly does not justify the brutalising of whites by Mugabe.

boyfriday makes a lot of sense, you summertime on the contrary are incapable of engaging in a rational conversation without crying victim

boyfriday, that does not answer my question

That may well be true. Cecil Rhodes was not the most benevolent of chaps. However we shouldn't get distracted from the topic of the thread. Mugabe is still at it despite the coalition. I think that is goodbye to any aid package.

I agree, I was just trying to show how historical events in Zimbabwe might help Mugabe in his evil agenda now.