What was Gibbs Yard/Borough Mews, Bedford Road?

Haha weird, it's Bedford STREET.

Indeedalaly doodally it is

Having has a walk today I now think the cross must mark the place of death rather than a grave. There is one exactly the same in an old kerb slab on the corner of Boyland Street and Rutland Road. This would suggest to me some one was killed at that point of the road, probably by a horse again as it also looks very old - probably predating fast cars. I wonder if it was something workers did at Tomlinsons when a colleague passed away?

0r a masons mark, you should find some on the railway bridges in the area.

And it is BEDFORD STREET.

0r a masons mark, you should find some on the railway bridges in the area.

And it is BEDFORD STREET.

You reckon? Its not a practice I'm familiar with? Do you know of any others besides the two I have pointed out? Are they crosses on the railway bridges or other marks?

You reckon? Its not a practice I'm familiar with? Do you know of any others besides the two I have pointed out? Are they crosses on the railway bridges or other marks?

Look at the stonework on the bridges you should see differing marks and symbols, ideal place would be the stonework on Woodside Lane bridge and walls should be quite a few on there, or the Rutland Road one, probably could be yardage marks to show how much work was done.

Look at the stonework on the bridges you should see differing marks and symbols, ideal place would be the stonework on Woodside Lane bridge and walls should be quite a few on there, or the Rutland Road one, probably could be yardage marks to show how much work was done.

Ill have a gander at the Rutland one tomorrow and see what I can see. Although interesting your (probably accurate) version is less exciting than mine.

Gutted