Sheffield city centre in the 80's

those were the days lol shame u have to get old & grow up innit

I feel so old after reading this. Does anyone fancy the idea of getting dressed up as we used to and hanging out down the moor for old times' sake.

It might be my last chance of reclaiming my youth before hitting the big 40 later this year! LOL

I remember sitting it the Peace Gardens on a Saturday afternoon, drinking cheap cider from Somerfields (or wahatever it was then!), big groups of us, then going to the Wap, then Rebels when the Wap shut at half ten.

The city centre is very pretty nowadays, but has lost some of its character, progress?

i can certainly remember sitting in the peace gardens having purchased bottles of cider, (i think the shop was called international then?) and then the wap and rebels, even when it was called the penthouse. The city centre does look better especially after the hole in the road was filled in, but it doesn't hold the same attraction for me nowadays although West st. live is quite good.

I think that if you were 17 now, you'd still have a great time on Divsion Street... Things move on, and that's where you'd be having your weekends now...

I feel so old after reading this. Does anyone fancy the idea of getting dressed up as we used to and hanging out down the moor for old times' sake.

It might be my last chance of reclaiming my youth before hitting the big 40 later this year! LOL

iv still got skinhead lol although its receeding aswell, iv still got me doc marten boots etc hands up if you didnt drench some1 in the fargate fountain! by the way midvixen any1 ever told you your old now lololololololol

I remember sitting it the Peace Gardens on a Saturday afternoon, drinking cheap cider from Somerfields (or wahatever it was then!), big groups of us, then going to the Wap, then Rebels when the Wap shut at half ten.

The city centre is very pretty nowadays, but has lost some of its character, progress?

Somerfield was definitely a Mac Markets/ Mac Fisheries for a time, and I STR it may have been a "Gateway" for a little while.

Somerfield was definitely a Mac Markets/ Mac Fisheries for a time, and I STR it may have been a "Gateway" for a little while.

Could make sense.

Certainly, the supermarket in Broomhill used to be a Mac Market and by, at the latest 1986 it was called International. It is now a Somerfield (isn't it?) so the supermarket on Pinstone Street no doubt went through the same name changes.

it wer definatly a gateway we use to nick uz beer from theer

It was definitely Gateway in '89/'90ish. Used to buy my lunch break Pot Noodles from there :D .

There used to be a shop opposite Cole Brothers on the corner that sold records, badges and clothing, cannot remember for the life of me what it was called but I spent a lot of money in there on records and Badges with OMD, Duran Duran, Kraftwerk etc on them.

That shop was called Impulse by the way.

iv still got skinhead lol although its receeding aswell, iv still got me doc marten boots etc hands up if you didnt drench some1 in the fargate fountain! by the way midvixen any1 ever told you your old now lololololololol

Thanks a lot - you cheeky sod!! If you're not careful I'll shove in the Peace Gardens fountain (not quite as dangerous as the fargate one, considering what was in there)!!!

*mutters something about life beginning at 40 - hmph!*

:hihi:

Thanks a lot - you cheeky sod!! If you're not careful I'll shove in the Peace Gardens fountain (not quite as dangerous as the fargate one, considering what was in there)!!!

*mutters something about life beginning at 40 - hmph!*

:hihi:

hahahahahahahahahaha im not 40 yet u rinkly ol git lolololol:hihi: