Beckham Vs Giggs Whos the best ??

Beckham Vs Giggs whos the best??  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Beckham Vs Giggs whos the best??

• David Beckham!!!
    • Ryan Giggs !!!
    • Hard one to call - not sure

Why not? He played fine for Wales.

Besides had Gigs been English in the late 90s atleast he'd have played in a midfield of Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Giggs and there's obviously every reason to think he'd have played well in that.

Not half. He would have been the star in that midfield.

Not half. He would have been the star in that midfield.

No. He would have been the same as the others just like he was when they played together. Giggs never got any more plaudits than Beckham back in those days and Scholes held his own as well.

Giggs has played top flight football for nearly 20 years now and apart from a brief media relationship with Dani Behr has let his football do the talking. He still makes a difference on the pitch playing for the best team in the world. Beckham was, is, supremely talented but came with so much baggage that he forgot what he was about...playing football, not being a model or having a celeb girlfriend.

Same goes for Ronaldo. In thirty years time Giggs and Scholes will still be legends. Beckham and Ronaldo will be fond memories

Talk through your backside. Ronaldo is destined to be the greatest player of all time. And since when has Beckham been "supremely talented". Never been more than average, just flattered to deceive most of his career.

Talk through your backside. Ronaldo is destined to be the greatest player of all time. And since when has Beckham been "supremely talented". Never been more than average, just flattered to deceive most of his career.

Ronaldo will be off to Real Madrid soon and in 10 years time no Man Utd fan will give a tuppence for him. Giggs has played for 18 years and has a place in the hearts of the fans that Ronaldo, for all his skill, couldn't come close to.

Trust a Wendy fan to come gimmering on this thread

Well this Wendy fan happens to think that in years to come that Man U fans will remember the 30 odd goals Ronaldo scored last year, and the fact that he was also European player of the year.

Anyway, what's gimmering? Some type of Dingle word you lot up there use?

Both are truly great players.

It is difficult to fully compare them because Beckham played for a better national side and therefore had a higher international profile.

I think our opinion of Giggs would be far higher if he had played for England and in his youth, he did have that opportunity

At their peak...I think Beckham was a better player and importantly, more consistent.

Giggs tended to have huge dips in form during his twenties and consequently, Ferguson dropped ('rested') him on a regular basis. It is significant perhaps that when Roy Keane was suspended for the Champions League Final against Bayern, it was Beckham that was given the central role for the team. After placing Scmeichal on the team sheet - I think Keane and Beckham would have always been the next two names on Fergies team sheet. However, the great skill of Sir Alex's sides have been that the parts were never bigger than the sum

Beckham never posessed any pace but is certainly the best crosser of a football I have seen.

In the September years - Giggs is having that final flourish to his career - the pace is declining but the brain is compensating. Unlike Beckham, Giggs last year playing football will probably be his best.

Edited by Teabag

Anyway, what's gimmering? Some type of Dingle word you lot up there use?

I wouldn't know, born and bred in Salford me :)

Honestly though in the hearts of Man U supporters you will find Scholes, Robson, Giggs, Charlton, Best, Hughes - true stalwarts who were loyal. Other players may have come and gone and showed flashes of brilliance and more pure skill, but when it comes down to it most fans would rather have 18 years of Giggs than 5 of Ronaldo

Why not? He played fine for Wales.

Besides had Gigs been English in the late 90s atleast he'd have played in a midfield of Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Giggs and there's obviously every reason to think he'd have played well in that.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have played well. I'm saying there is every chance that he would or would not. Plenty of players who play well for other teams have failed when they have been part of the England set up. It's just foolish to think that Giggz would have won cups for England. Giggz is only 1 man.

Giggz is and was a great player though.

beckham was o.k. in his eary career but when he got caught up in the celebrity world he became a brand who was only interested in making money.in his time at rael madrid i believe he only won 2 trophys.people say he is a great dead ball kicker he certainly should be he gets enough practise,his ratio of goals per games played bearing in mind he took all the free kicks near goal and penalties is poor he also never led england to any major final.to go and play in america was a joke and to keep playing him is an insult to walcott.young.lennon.wright-phillips.this group of young players must wonder what they have to do to get a run in the side.

giggs started in the utd 1st team at 17 and still there now at 35......enough said!