Shiregreen Chinese takeaways

Wonderful, is lovely! Go there all the time, especially when OH is working late and gets his tea out - Plain chow mein is deelish! And cheap :)

Wonderful, is lovely! Go there all the time, especially when OH is working late and gets his tea out - Plain chow mein is deelish! And cheap :)

Things must have changed since you posted gina.

I very rarely have a take out of any kind as I love cooking. But on my way home last evening I fancied a Chinese, so thought I would pop to my nearest it being "Wonderful" on Nethershire lane. What a misnomer that is.

I ordered special fried rice and special chop suey. The rice tasted vile and I cannot even describe what the so called chop suey looked like. greasy chunks of stir fried veg and yucky bits of meat with a bit of sauce chucked in.

The chap up front said they had a new chef. That's not what I would call him.

I only had a few mouth fulls and that was enough binned the rest. The worst Chinese I have ever in my nr 60yrs had. And probably one of the worst meals.

Never again. Home cooked or nothing. Cost me nearly £11 to learn this lesson but well and truly learnt now.:mad:

We used to use wonderful alot but they really let us down once with delivery, ended ringing else where after about an hour and half wait and about 3 phone calls.

The Orient at lane top is nice and Shanghai on Buchanan road is lovely (though this is more southey and they don't deliver).

China Wok on Herries Road, been going there years after having some not so nice take out elsewhere, always yummy ?

I find any chinese take away food makes me sleep poorly and makes me thirsty

Thats the over use of msg for you!

I find any chinese take away food makes me sleep poorly and makes me thirsty

Thats the over use of msg for you!

They reckon these days that MSG doesn't really have any ill-effects; it's more likely the high salt and sugar content (those definitely do affect you), and possibly simply eating more than you normally do.

They reckon these days that MSG doesn't really have any ill-effects; it's more likely the high salt and sugar content (those definitely do affect you), and possibly simply eating more than you normally do.

Msg always makes my sleep very restless, if I have a Chinese I like to have it very early in the evening , opening time if possible

Flying dragon is the best

Yeah.......so long as you're not too fussy about food hygiene standards :gag:

Check them out on the link attached a few posts above. You may want to find yourself a new best :o

I went into Jade house last week and a chinese lady was changing a baby's bum behind the counter on the floor. Iwalked out without ordering.