Excellent post! Well said!

Well what is the problem with doing this?

People will do it because surprisngly - they agree with that person. They may want others to know their opinion reflects what someone else has wrote.

Or they may come across as a lapdog who is unable to formulate opinions and arguments of their own. They could at least say why they agree with another post rather than just stating that they do.

Well what is the problem with doing this?

People will do it because surprisngly - they agree with that person. They may want others to know their opinion reflects what someone else has wrote.

I agree.....seriously :D

Now I'm desperately trying to think of whether I am guilty of this...I don't think I am, but if I had posted something similar in the past, I think it would be because I'd agreed with the post above me or the OP...but I think I would at least state why I agreed or add an extra statement to further back up the thoght.

im with u lot on this 1 i couldnt agree more! eyup again natalie, easy 6 points 4 us this season eh!

Indeed, there is a thin line between a sycophant and a psychophant.

im with u lot on this 1 i couldnt agree more! eyup again natalie, easy 6 points 4 us this season eh!

I agree :thumbsup:

I agree :thumbsup:
see, no arguments from us as we both agree do you agree with me that we were unbeaten against them last season aswell, was it 4 points? Edited by mh01

If someone has eloquently put into words what you wanted to say, then there is not much else to say on the matter is there?

But you might want to affirm it.

Perhaps there should be an I like button just like on facebook.

If someone has eloquently put into words what you wanted to say, then there is not much else to say on the matter is there?

But you might want to affirm it.

Perhaps there should be an I like button just like on facebook.

eyup edna ol bird thanx 4 the info the other day

Erm.... thanks?:suspect:

I don't agree (with the ol bird part) :D

Edited by natalie H

Why do people do this? What's the point in going to the trouble of clicking the "add reply" button just to agree with what someone else says and not adding to the debate in any way? I know it's technically against forum rules, but it still seems to go on. Why do they do it?

(I'm watching you! The first person to reply "Excellent post! Well said!" on this thread gets a visit from me dressed as Alvin Stardust to pour rice pudding through your door while removing my clothes and mooning at your neighbours)

i think a few on here mentioning no names do it to bump up posts no other reason for it really:)