Excellent post! Well said!

Why do people do this? What's the point in going to the trouble of clicking the "add reply" button just to agree with what someone else says and not adding to the debate in any way? I know it's technically against forum rules, but it still seems to go on. Why do they do it?

(I'm watching you! The first person to reply "Excellent post! Well said!" on this thread gets a visit from me dressed as Alvin Stardust to pour rice pudding through your door while removing my clothes and mooning at your neighbours)

Excellent point there Basil I agree with you.

maybe they were going to make the same point themselves, but the other poster beat them to it! They feel passionate about the point made and want to voice their agreement to show which side they stand on? maybe...

Some other forums have an I agree/Thumbs up button so others can see how many people agree with the poster.

Bravo Basil :thumbsup: Should i say more as not to be associated ??:thumbsup:

Excellent post! Well said! :D

My neighbours could do with being mooned at :D :D :D

Seriously though, it does seem pointless to post a reply just agreeing with the poster without expanding on why they agree. Maybe they are trying to get their post count up or just generally being lazy!

Would all the smart alecs on this thread care to drag their mouse across my opening post and then read it again? Cheers. :P

Kettles been boiled a good 5 minutes Basil, I'm waiting :hihi:

Jolly good observation there ole chap, I'm sure many of us will be guilty of this.

Why do we post pointless agreements indeed?

It would be a lot easier to sit there and just think, I agree.

Are you addicted to doing this basil?

is that what is bothering you?

have you progressed to the next phase and created a thread on it?

You know what comes next m8, the threads on how to kick the habit and endless pages of CBT clinic phone numbers.

Why do people do this? What's the point in going to the trouble of clicking the "add reply" button just to agree with what someone else says and not adding to the debate in any way? I know it's technically against forum rules, but it still seems to go on. Why do they do it?

Well what is the problem with doing this?

People will do it because surprisngly - they agree with that person. They may want others to know their opinion reflects what someone else has wrote.